Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, ive been on Tazorac for 2 Months and i am 100% clear.

I just wanted to know if there is any way i can go on a low dose of Accutane and gradually get off the tazorac, and still maintain that clarity?

Would this be a good idea? or should i just continue with Tazorac?

I'm really confused? Why would u want to go on accutane and off of Tazorac if it worked well for u? The accutane is sometimes not as permanant as u would think and the taz can be used as long as needed. if it works stay with it theres really nothing bad about staying on the taz.

I'm really confused? Why would u want to go on accutane and off of Tazorac if it worked well for u? The accutane is sometimes not as permanant as u would think and the taz can be used as long as needed. if it works stay with it theres really nothing bad about staying on the taz.

thats a good question.... heres the thing...

its a hassle putting on the taz every night, and having to wear it at night...

Like lets say i wanna go out until 2 am or something, i worry that my acne will come back or i will break out...

So its as if Tazorac has kept me on this tight schedule... you know?

and with accutane you just pop the pill and your set to go...

Remember with accutane you can't drink, and it dries out many people's skin pretty bad. So it's not like some walk in the park.

I suspect that even with a low dosage tane treatment, derm will still want to get preiodic blood test from you... I think just one bloodtest will prove more inconvenient than putting one single topical at night...

Plus, while I don't know what your derm is thinking, but generally they prescribe combo taz + topical + antibiotic before beginning accutane treatment. The fact that you are on tazorac alone and is responding well would indicate that the derm has no desire for you to touch accutane, low dose or not.

if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

And anyway, some doctors actually think you need to go back on a retinoid (like Taz) after the accutane course is over to maintain results. My doc was one of those, and I've been on Taz ever since I popped my last pill in Feb.

Remember with accutane you can't drink, and it dries out many people's skin pretty bad. So it's not like some walk in the park.

guess so...

its just a hassle putting it on and the whole works...

gets annoying, lol

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I totally agree. It's not easy and if taz had worked for me then I woulsd have definetely stayed with it. I'd take the annoying ritual over joint pain, dry skin and lips, and the many other things that can happen.