Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
girllost

Moisturizer is NOT my friend

I've been on a modofied regimen for about a month. During the day I spot treat with bp. My skin is oily so I don't want to put bp and moisturizer on my face because then I feel like a grease monkey. At night I put the bp and moisturizer on my face. I do think that it is helping but I feel like the moisturizer is breaking me out.

I started off trying the eucerin skin renewal and that just irritated my face and made it burn. Now I am using the neutrogena and I get little bumps on my forehead and cheeks. What to do?

I've been on a modofied regimen for about a month. During the day I spot treat with bp. My skin is oily so I don't want to put bp and moisturizer on my face because then I feel like a grease monkey. At night I put the bp and moisturizer on my face. I do think that it is helping but I feel like the moisturizer is breaking me out.

I started off trying the eucerin skin renewal and that just irritated my face and made it burn. Now I am using the neutrogena and I get little bumps on my forehead and cheeks. What to do?

i don't know what kind of neutrogena moisturizer you're using, but if it's the one with AHA in it then my skin did the same thing-- i'd put it on in the morning and come home from work with little tiny pimples and whiteheads all over my face, and i'd put it on at night and wake up with tiny pimples.

try using neutrogena oil-free moisturizer. im pretty sure it doesnt have any active ingredients in it (except one that provides sun protection) and it's non irritating.

They are little bumps, a little bigger than the head of a pin that appear on my nose, cheeks and forehead. I would assume they are papules because they aren't whiteheads or blackheads.

I currently have Dan's 2.5% bp gel, it is the older stuff in the white and purple packaging, not the new packaging. Also I am using Neutrogena oil free moisture for combination skin. This moisturizer does not have aha in it. Considering I started off using the eucerin skin renewal and it burned my face I'd know if it had aha in it. I only use this at night time.

During the day I sometimes use neutrogena ultrasheer one touch spf 45 sunblock. Which once I finish off the bottle I will no longer use because it seeps into my eyes and burns throughout the day.

It sounds like your skin is sensitive to SOME ingredient in the moisturizers....hmmmmmm.

Have you considered trying something like Cetaphil or Complex 15?

Sometimes it is trial and error finding one product that is agreeable to our skin.