Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
emzshawty

I NEED MAKEUP ADVICE!!!!

I have had red scars, and spots for like 5 years... my bf and friends want me to resolve this issue...random people even comment on my red scars....i got sum indentations...

i've never used makeup in my life!! i think i shod start... but what shod i use??? i need sumthin that wont break me out.... i got really sensitive skin...

i use apricot scrub daily.... and i used to be on medications... but i dont use my meds anymore... i use differn gel and clindamycin (prescription) topical meds whenever i do breakout....

i heard of bare essentials?? minerals??? or sumthin?? I AM SOOOO LOST!!

SHOD I DO A GLYCOLIC PEEL??

I NEED MAKEUP TOO!!!!!!!!! WHAT SHOD I BUY??? -- sumthin that will not break me out... any advice?

any help would be great!!

thanks!

:confused:

My boyfriend hates my red scars, and spots

Hm, are you sure you should be wearing makeup just because he doesn't like it? Make sure you are comfortable with wearing it too! Because my friend started wearing a little bit of makeup in the beginning, and now she can't go anywhere without putting it on...

I don't use makeup, but perhaps get something that is oil free and try it on a little spot of skin just in case you break out even more!

Your boyfriend sounds like a creep to me :evil: . What kind of guy would tell you that he hates your red scars and spots? How could he not realize that comments like that make you insecure? If he really cares about you, your flaws shouldn't matter. I wonder how he'd like it if you started pointing out his flaws. You don't need people like that in your life.

well no -- my bf not likeing my scars is jus an extra push to start using makeup....but for real..

i wanna do this for myself...

i think its about time i wear makeup... my friends have been on my back too....i wanna try sumthin light... that covers my scars and indents....

any advice would be great...about products.

Just try whatever you like...price isn't much of an issue...you can dry drugstore or department store kinds, but since this is your fist time, I say go to a department store so theycan color match you. You HAVE to have the correct color. the rest is your choice, whether you like mousse, liquid, powder, whatever.

I've heard to stay away from Clinique and MAC though, if you tend to break out.

well no -- my bf not likeing my scars is jus an extra push to start using makeup....but for real..

i think its about time i wear makeup... my friends have been on my back too....i wanna try sumthin light... that covers my scars and indents....

No, really, you're hanging out with the wrong people. Would you give someone a hard time over the way their skin looks, or over their weight or anything else about their physical appearance? That's a terrible thing to do to someone. You can do better. Find someone who actually cares about YOU and isn't all hung up on looks.

No, really, you're hanging out with the wrong people. Would you give someone a hard time over the way their skin looks, or over their weight or anything else about their physical appearance? That's a terrible thing to do to someone. You can do better. Find someone who actually cares about YOU and isn't all hung up on looks.

I agree. You need friends that respect you for who you are, not how you look. Even though you say makeup's for yourself, I can't really believe that because you've also said that your friends and boyfriend have been pushing you to wear it. Whether or not you realize it, people's comments do affect one's self esteem and subsequently a person's decisions, especially when those commenting are "friends."

YEAYEA...i know what you guys are saying... ... i complain bout my skin too much thas why my friends are like that with me... aw well.. atleast they tell me the truth... ya kno?

watever... i didnt wanna discuss my relationships on this forum ...haha... my intent was to figure out stuff bout makeup... but i mean i'm using this new mask(lemon+egg thing)... its kinda working..so maybe i dont need makeup...

btw- he is my first bf..... and i alwayz believed never to wear makeup cuz a guy will like you for you... cuz if you do wear makeup and he sees you without it ...he'll be like...wtf? so i'd rather have my man see me look natural(red scars)....and then improve my appearance....get wat im saying??? its better than looking hot and then him seeing how you really look like...and be repelled....which he shodnt if he really honestly does care for you.

basically wat im saying is that...id rather want him to like me looking red scarred...and then improve it... rather than him thinking i got flawless skin...and then later seeing the truth......

to each their own.

""Whether or not you realize it, people's comments do affect one's self esteem and subsequently a person's decisions, especially when those commenting are "friends.""" -- snow queen

Like for real, my confidence and self-esteem is not down or anything.. im not one of those girls that is like totally psycho cuz sum guy is telling her he doesnt like how she kicks it..... man i do my thing... yea he can go to hell i dont give a shit (but our personalities click so well)...cuz i got guys lined up after me...it aint no big deal... dont mean to be full of myself... but i dont think im ugly... when i go clubbing i got guys circling me.

i aint no sissy ass girl that takes shit.... hell yea i wanna look better..... so lets get this makeup shit flowin....

thas all i wanted to clarify ....no more talkin bout my bf.... :wall:

well, you can always check makeupalley for reviews of different makeup- there's many choices you could go with. But, I like Laura Mercier secret camoflauge concealer and Loreal Infallible or Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation with a light dusting of powder to set the makeup. If you're red marks aren't too bad maybe just try a good concealer and powder? Maybelline's water proof stick concealer is decent or Estee Lauder makes a full coverage concealer. Many here use MAC's pot concealer as well. Good luck to you and remember always that less is more :)

i wouldnt use liquid foundations thery wera off maing you looks worse off .. i use Maybelline NY's Dream Matte Mousse lasts alot longer than liquid and you apply wiht your finger .. has good covereage too .. then juss use concealer ..i dont really know an awsome company bc i dotn use concealer much .. but dot the conceal on your red spots and rub it in gently.

I've tried the following and they all covered well. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, Covergirl Aquasmooth, Covergirl TruBlend Powder Foundation. As far as concealer goes I like Mac's concealer that comes in a pot and I also like Coverblend liquid concealer that comes in a tube. For powders to set I like Physicians Formula, it's a mosaic of a bunch of color correcting colors, it has green, yellow, red, etc. I also like Mac Blot for oil control. Good luck with whatever you decide to try. There is also a really heavy duty concealer I tried by Estee Lauder called Maximum Coverage and it does what the title says. You will only need that though if your redmarks are REALLY dark. Now that I've had IPL I no longer need to use this as it gives me too much coverage.

i dont mean to sound dumb....but...whats a concealer? wat is the diff between concealer and powder? or concealer and liquid? my face is really light brown lilke caramel.......and my marks are light pink.

i dont mean to sound dumb....but...whats a concealer? wat is the diff between concealer and powder? or concealer and liquid? my face is really light brown lilke caramel.......and my marks are light pink.

haha i had trouble with this stuff when i first started wearing makeup too. any way concealer usually comes in a small tube or stick and u put it on individual areas like a zit. personally i dont like it, usually looks kinda cakey. then theres powder which is usually used to control shine, u put it over foundation. there are also powder foundations but they dont cover that well to me.

any way i use everyday minerals =] really pretty stuff, looks natural and covers nicely. they r probably one of the cheapest mineral makeups out there that work really good.

EDIT// ooo i forgot to mention, u can get free samples at their site, 3 foundations so u can find the right shade a concealer *this one actually works good* and a blush. all u have to pay is shipping.

hope i helped!

Thank you so much Vickvv!! you answered all my questions!! i'll try everyday minerals... i hear alot bout it too. i wanna try everyday minerals cuz i want sumthing light as well... i dont like the cakey look either...and my skin is caramel brown...lighter than that... and my spots are pink....so i think the everyday min. wil work

Thanks for clarifying the concealer and powder thing...lol...

take care!

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Thank you so much Vickvv!! you answered all my questions!! i'll try everyday minerals... i hear alot bout it too. i wanna try everyday minerals cuz i want sumthing light as well... i dont like the cakey look either...and my skin is caramel brown...lighter than that... and my spots are pink....so i think the everyday min. wil work

Thanks for clarifying the concealer and powder thing...lol...

take care!

MAke sure you have a brush for the minerals too. A large powder or blush brush will do. You can also use a kabuki brush to apply it. If you look in the everyday minerals site they have a little tutorial that explains how to use the makeup if you haven't already found it. You may find it helpful in applying the makeup.

hey i had another quest. .... aite... i dunno if i wanna put makeup on my forehead cuz i dont wanna break out there... but then it'll look weird if its on my cheeks and not my forehead and chin rite?

makeup is suppose to be worn all over the face?

what is the website for everyday minerals free sample?

i'm afraid to use makeup on areas of my face that are clear and then end up breaking out in those areas.

please help.

thanx

hey i had another quest. .... aite... i dunno if i wanna put makeup on my forehead cuz i dont wanna break out there... but then it'll look weird if its on my cheeks and not my forehead and chin rite?

makeup is suppose to be worn all over the face?

what is the website for everyday minerals free sample?

i'm afraid to use makeup on areas of my face that are clear and then end up breaking out in those areas.

please help.

thanx

YEAH...best to put all over...

Since your new to wearing make-up...I suggest you try the everyday minerals...(I'm anxiously awaiting my free sample kit). This way you don't have to do a conceler, foundation and powder...TOO much for you if you've never used it. I hate make-up...only wear it when I go OUT....I use a creme-to-powder foundation...It's one step, easy...then I can always touch up with powder off and on, to control the oil. Try the Mineral make-up and see...I HEAR great reviews... www.everydayminerals.com all you have to pay is shipping..mine was like $3.47 ! Can't wait to try...but remember to either order or pick up a nice brush to apply it with........

DOn't be afraid to wear all over...you kinda have to to look evened out I guess....it's not like your going to be globbing on a load of conceler and loads of foundation..that would break you out....

I suggest the mineral make-up or just START by trying a powder (not much coverage, but nice and sheer for a beginer)...then you can add a bit of foundation/creme-to-powder foundation to touch of red spots.......

If anything...go to a make-up counter and ask for a free consultaion...then you can learn how to apply make-up ect....(you will see examples on the everyday website)

SOORY so long....wish you luck, hope I helped some! :wub:

Guest Sincerely_Me

I used everyday minerals and didn't like it much. I don't think mineral make up agrees with my face, since no matter how sparingly I use the product, I still look cakey.

Liquid foundation doesn't do much to cover it, but someone said Dream Matte Mousse...it's a great foundation. However, the best way to make it look like the redmarks aren't there is to make it so they aren't there. In under a week using the synthetic brush exfoliation and neosporin, my redmarks are almost 100% gone. You should try that, see if it fades your redmarks, and then your liquid foundation will really just be a canvas for the rest of your make up, rather than a cover for redmarks.