Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kirstin

28F, Second Course of Accutane

Hey kristin,

You don't have to justify yourself. Those people haven't realized that its not a competition here. *blabla My acne is worse than yours and I don't get accutane blabla*..Don't give a damn about it..Its was your decision to take this drug! Nobody has the right to judge you that way only by having a look at this few pics. They're not you! So they have no idea how you feel! I'm sad that some people react like this. They should know better.. :(

All the Best!

cj

CJ- You are right. I shouldn't have to justify myself. I thought that posting photos would help others that have a similar case. In fact, I did get some responses about others having a similar skin condition. I know that I would've wanted to see someone's progress with similar skin before I started accutane. I makes me really sad to know that even here, there are still so many judgemental people! Even after we have thread after thread about why accutane is prescribed in the first case. Yeah, so my acne isn't as bad as others, so what...obviously my derm thinks I need it. Plus, photos don't always show the whole picture!

Its like the old kindergarten addage:

"If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it at all"

Hey Kirsten! I was sorry to read that some people were reacting so harshly to your pics - I have a hard time understanding why someone would do that.

The one thing I've noticed about the accutane log forum is that everyone here is always so supportive and kind. It really doesn't matter how mild or severe someones acne is, we're all just here to share our experiences and offer support. Try not to worry about any of those nasty comments - we're all here for you! :)

tanya

I think you look great in your photos! CJ and Tanya are right, this is

between you and your derm. no one else has the right to

evaluate what your course of action should be.

So glad things are going good for you.

Thanks everyone for your support! Sometimes the realities of the world and people in it seems to shake me up a bit. Just when I think everything is sane and everyone's on the same level, I find that just the opposite can be true. I guess I just assumed the people on here were all like ya'll!

I should be Day 28-Somewhere I think I lost some days!

Anyways, the past two days have been bad for the side effects. I thought yesterday's aches and pains were gonna go away so I really didn't say much about them. Today, however, has been really hard for me. I am very achy, tired and have a slight headache. I almost feel like I have the flu. I took my temp and its normal, so I think its the accutane :( . Oh well, its still worth it! If tomorrow is anything like today I may have to call in!

Another thing I have noticed is that I think I may be losing weight. My body is weird and weight/appetite usually fluctuates probably every 3-5 months. Last time it did this my doc thought I was throwing up (bulimic) because I had lost 10lbs in a month...which by the way I have never done! I went ahead and weighed myself and was at 109 last night after dinner. Maybe the weight loss plus my dosage is causing the side effects. I am still eating and all, but losing weight.

I also noticed a small hole in my nose where I think a blackhead used to be...weird! My chin is less swollen and there are hardly anymore blackheads when I pull the skin to check. :)

Oil: Noticed I am little bit oily today. Maybe because I used moisturizer this AM.

Side Effects: Aches, pains (mostly in my back and shoulders), headaches, quesey feeling, tired.

Ib: one small one going away on the side where all that activity has occured.

Over all: Pores still look large, some oil, not bad but not good.

Ok, well I think I should maybe go to sleep early tonight. Thanks for stopping by!

K

Hey Kristin,

I was looking for you.I just now saw that you are also OIA! I wondered what happened to you!

I agree with people blaming Accutane for all sorts of issues that could possibly be un-related. I have been so blessed by this stuff and am kicking myself for not trying it sooner! Let me know how you are!!!!!! Mel

You know what...f-em...I made my gallery public and replied to the comments!

right on! This is your personal journey not theirs. They have no right

to decided what is good enough for you in your life or what you should be

comfortable with. Yes, your skin looks good but isn't that why we are all here?

Thanks for all of your support!

Update:

Ok...now there are a couple more little empty holes today! Yippy...the blackheads are going away!

I'm gonna run out of meds over the weekend. I called the doctor to see if taking half my dosage (30mg pill) a day until monday will be ok. They said that it has a long half life (the stuff is already in my system) and that its a good idea to just take half if it gets me through until monday.

I just can't seem to concentrate at work and am still feeling achy. Trying to drink more water, but its not working. Also, been sleepy but can't sleep.

I had to make my album private because I have received a bunch of hostile opinions about my acne and skin. I have seen others on here with skin that looks much better than mine and still they don't receive comments like I have.

I have dealt with acne and oily skin almost all my life, and if these people don't belive me then fine! It is very REAL to me as well as my derm yet for some reason I feel like I still have to justify myself.

I'm sorry to hear that there are those who feel better by putting other people down. Do not let other people's perception put you down.

I hope you feel better too!

Day 30

Woke up feeling oily on my nose and it has been kinda oily all day. I think it may be due to the fact that I only took 30mg yesterday and 30mg today...it sucks! Stupid iPledge crap!

Anyways, I have noticed that most of the blackheads (they were hidden, but if I pulled the skin you could see them) on my chin are gone. I think that was the reason why my chin was swollen. There were just sooo many blackheads and all of the stuff was being pushed out! The black heads on my nose are slowly disappearing and leaving little holes. The ones on my cheeks are feeling sandpaper like, and hopefully those will start disappearing soon too! Wouldn't that be cool to be blackhead free by next month!

Those little under the skin whiteheads are still roaming around. My friend called them millia (or something like that). She said that people with oily skin are prone to them. They seem like they are getting bigger. None of them have actually come out, but I think some of them have mysteriously gone away...weird...

I have to start using lotion after every shower! My skin is very flaky all over my body. Its becoming very thin too...my watch skins my wrist on a daily basis! Some of my clothes are agitating and uncomfortable...which sucks...can't afford and/or find any comfy work clothes! Sucks!

I don't feel as achy today. No headache...thank goodness...Maybe I needed this lower dosage for a couple of days to give me some relief.

Dosage: Cut in half due to iPledge prescription rules...will get more on Monday!

Oil: Seems to be coming back around my nose

Blackheads: Disappearing

Side Effects: None

Overall skin: Looks pretty good today!

IB: None...gone...well healing...

K

Hey Kirstin,

Good luck with the accutane. The stuff is amazing!! It's a bit of a roller coaster ride but in the end it may not be the cure all to some but it always leaves improvement.

Ciao'

Ang

THE OIL IS BACK....

FREAKING IPLEDGE!

OH NO! :shock:

Don't worry about the oil. I experienced the ipledge havoc on its first month of operation and for two months they messed me up. I went 10 day without pills on those first two months of my treatment and it was fine. The accutane in you is still working. Don't stress, you are on your way to clear skin :D:D

Ang

Hey ya'll...yeah I'm not absolutely freaking right now. I just HATE the oil! Yuck! These past couple of weeks have been wonderful, and now its back! Its not really all that bad but I feel dirty! I just hope this doesn't happen when I do go off of it! If it does, I guess I am gonna have to go on the low dose or something!

Thanks Ang, good to know that it won't actually screw me up...it just sucks!

Day 31

Oil oil oil! Took half my dose again today. I have an appt at 7AM tomorrow with the derm...thank goodness! Then, I'm gonna go straight to the pharmacy! I need to call around tonight to see which ones, if any, by my work carry it in 30mg. Last time I had to wait a day...crap! When I called the derm to speak to a nurse she was very nice and stated that ipledge is a mess and that the doctor will chime in about it also...meaning that he thinks its a bunch of crap also!

Oh well, all I can do is wait. What sucks is that I have a client meeting on Tuesday and I'm gonna be an oil slick proabably.

I think accutane supresses my appetite because I ate so much yesterday! Has anyone else experienced that?

Well, wish me luck that I can get my full prescription at a pharmacy tomorrow!

Later!

I know how you feel about ipledge.

I was supposed to get my prescription wed.

and i still dont have it :cry:

I was so excited...

The dr has put the dates of my test in wrong..and i literally called the ipledge people like 10 times

my dr like 15 times

and the pharmacy like 10 times

the ipledge people said it was the drs fault

the dr said it was the pharmacy...etc.

everyone blamed it on each other until i switched pharmacies (as advized by my dr) and the pharmacist let me know that it was the dr who was filling out things wrong...She was the only person who actually would take time to call the ipledge number to talk to someone...I'm so mad cuz the nurses kept saying 'well, we're doing all we can do it's not our fault, it's the pharmacy'

i suppose someone new to ipledge just screwed up *because my derm isn't conservate about accutane*..but this is supposed to be my first month..if things are going this badly it makes me wonder how much worse it's going to get... :(

I've just been so upset...hopefully things will get straightened out tomorrow

So, I completely know how you feel...

ipledge is nothing but an insult to a female's intelligence...

Having to take monthly quizzes on sex and bc is just like a slap to the face

Ok so I went to the derm this am. He told me a couple of interesting things:

1. If the oil does come back, there is a low dose that I can be put on indefinately. The dose would be 10mg a day.

2. Accutane does help improve scarring (at least my scarring).

Now, the only problem is finding a pharmacy that has it today. I forgot the damn card at home, so I don't think I could pick it up today during work anyways.

Oh yeah, and I had an epiphany last night. I'm gonna look into going to massage school and move back home where my friends are. I am sick of the corporate crap and hate VA. My current situation is just me trying to force myself into doing what my sister and brother want me to do and not what kirstin wants to do. II don't fit into their mold. I don't even like IT, yet I am up to my knees in it!

K

Day 32

This is my first day without half a dose! Oh well! I had to call around to a bunch of pharmacies. Again, no one likes to carry 30mg! At least, I think it might be the chain, CVS, that doesn't do it. CVS has monopolized this area! There is no walgreens or eckerds in sight! Only CVS and grocery stores! So, I decided to nix the CVS idea after calling 3 of them. I went out on a limb and called Harris Teeter, grocery store down the street. The pharm tech there was soooo nice. She called me back because she wanted to make sure that they would have enough for me and she went ahead and ordered it without me going down there and dropping off my prescription. CVS, on the other hand, would've been like you have to bring in your script...yada yada yada...I guess I will be going to Harris Teeter from now on!

My arms are scaly and itchy even though I moisturize them. The oil is back, but I'm not too worried.

Derm gave me Neutrogena T-Sal (not to be confused with Neutrogena T-gel, but its similar) for the dry itchy scalp. I'll let you know if it works!

Oil: Back but all the blame goes directly to ipledge!

Side effects: none

Skin Condition: ok

IB: one whitehead today and one huge one on my back (I never get them that big there!)

K

I had problems with CVS too...

I ended up going to a walmart pharmacy and they were SOOO nice...

I hate it when you wake up with one where you normally never get them :evil:

it'll be gone soon!!!

Day 32

Well, still don't have my meds, but I am going to pick them up after work. Work has been sooo slow and boring lately! Geez! Anyways, I tried a eyeshawdow primer today from Urban Decay...Lemme tell you...I have really oily lids and normally my eyeshawdow would be all messed up by now, but its NOT! Yippy! I mean, of course, its not perfect but pretty damn close! I highly recommend this stuff! I hope in a couple days, when my oil is gone again, it might look even better! YAY :dance:

Oil: Here...damn ipledge

Overall: Ok

Scars: For some reason it looks like my scars are improving today...go figure!

IB: One whitehead on my chin keeps peeking out at work! Geez...why wasn't there this am so I could get rid of it? It would be interesting to set up a time lapse camera to see how these buggers come out!

Side Effects: None

Other: I think I had some millia come out today...is that possible, as I have not taken my full dose since Thursday and didn't take any yesterday? I don't even know if that is the correct term but they are like little hairs coming out of your skin. I had millia, I think, on my chest the other day...ewe! I tried to take a photo, but felt that a photo of my clevage would cause unnessary attention to what I was trying to show. My nose is very dry and I had a semi bloody nose today. It wasn't gushing but there was blood.

Thanks for stopping by!

K

I believe milia is the little skin colored bumps built up from oil that you get mainly under your eyes or around your nose.

Dont ya just love when you find a new makeup or product that is perfect? Makeup alley is a great website to check out makeup and products and how people liked em.

Good luck with your course! :D

it's prob. all the blackheads and clogged pores being pushed out..I've heard a lot of people on here talking about it...

Wierd, huh???

At least you know they're going away!!!

I know this isn't nice to say but I wonder if you told the folks who control IPledge that you don't need to do it -because you had a hysterectomy and there is no possible way of getting pregnant.... :lol:

I feel everyone's pain who has to put up with this. :(