Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so how does this process work?

does the acne just stop all at once or does it progressively get better?

it shouldn't be any longer than 2 years when I grow out of it, so it'd be cool to know what to expect.

umm i think when u grow out of acne is when ur body stops producing crappy skin oil ? i seriously not sure but maybe ur skin changes the recipe on its oil and it helps ur skin lol

so how does this process work?

does the acne just stop all at once or does it progressively get better?

it shouldn't be any longer than 2 years when I grow out of it, so it'd be cool to know what to expect.

progressively get better until you only get the occasional zit or two or none at all.

progressively get better until you only get the occasional zit or two or none at all.

hm....

now I'm wondering how much the time span is from "getting better to no more acne at all" is- like if it's 1-2 years, or if it happens in the course of a month or what.

i just looked at pictures from 2/4/03- 4/4/03 when I was at the beach.

that was when i was 15. there was absolutely nothing on my back.

but now, even though I'm going on vacation, i refuse to swim because my back looks so awful.

can't even wear a loose shirt, have to wear something that covers up a lot.

my dad said i should grow out of it by the time i'm 19 or 20. (that's what happened with him)

i'm practically counting off the days.

how are you supposed to take your shirt off in front of a girl and flex your muscles when you have scabs and redmarks all over? :confused:

maybe i can answer this, the term 'growing out of it' is kinda a bad way of saying it. Basicly you 'grow out of it' when your oil glands have matured and stop producing yucky sebum, hence the reason why tane works so well because it shrinks these glands.

maybe i can answer this, the term 'growing out of it' is kinda a bad way of saying it. Basicly you 'grow out of it' when your oil glands have matured and stop producing yucky sebum, hence the reason why tane works so well because it shrinks these glands.

yep, that's obviously the problem, the oil and stuff

in fact, if I just touch my back the whole place feels so oily compared if I touch the bottom of my arm and it seems like the worst breakouts are where it feels like it is really oily

it's too bad i can't take accutane

dude, personally i would advise against looking forward to growing out of it. when i was 18 i didnt worry about my acne too much, i just figured i would grow out of it soon. ive had it since 16. now im almost 21, and when i was 19, every day that i got closer to 20 i felt shittier and shittier cause my acne was only getting worse. i feared my 20th birthday, to no longer be a teenager with acne but now an adult. proactiv ended up clearing me up for a few months before i turned 20 and a few months afterwards and now the regimen keeps me mostly clear but its still obvious to anyone who looks close that i have problem skin. i keep waiting for my beard to fill in completely and for my acne to fuck off, but it doesnt sesem like its ever gonna happen. jesus fuckin christ man, im almost 21 years ol and STILL putting up with this shit. the worst part is i manage to get girls when im clear (sometimes im clear for a week or two) but then when i start breaking out again i cant stand to see them so i just ignore them. fuck.

I had moderate acne from age 14 until around age 18. At age 27 I still get the occasional pimple (usually around once a month or so) on my face and 1-2 on my back occasionally as well, but those are more rare. Even had a really big and annoying one that left a semi-hyperpigmented mark on my arm recently, which is quite annoying.

Some people really don't "grow out" of it, it seems like. Some do. I'm pretty darn lucky that I did.