Notifications
Clear all

Hypertrophic scar (Right next to atrophic scar) after needling

MemberMember
(@aliad51984)

Posted : 04/23/2019 12:54 pm

Hi! I have been performing single needling on myself for the last two years. Ive gotten decent results, although they havetaken me time. However, I needled a two year old boxcarscar three weeks ago, and developed minor hypertrophic scarring around it. It isnt terrible, and the main reason I even notice it is because it is around the atrophicscar whichmakes it look deeper than it actually is. Thescar also looks wider, which I know is a common result of needling. My question is, Have any of you experienced this with needling? Im due to needle in another week or two, but I think I would like to take care of the hypertrophic stuff first. I knowthat needling also helps hypertrophic scars, which it has for me, but Im afraidto make it worse. Do any of you have a favorite productor topicalto treat hypertrophic scars? Like I said, mine is pretty minor and only noticeable because it is around atrophy. Anyhelp or feedback is welcome!

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 04/24/2019 2:39 pm

@Aliad51984Needling on someone prone to hypertophic scars can cause more of these scars. The Dr(Derm or plastic) will have to inject your raised scar with steriod, youcan wear silicone gel on it after nightly. For atrohic scarring they may need to subcise with with a bit of filler. This is hard to do. See a few practitioners, at the very least have them just treat the hypertrophic scar with steriod and put a patch on it from the pharmacy. Laser can also be used in complicated cases to smooth out the transition.