Notifications
Clear all

Do hypertrophic scars blanch on pressure?And does the redness ever go away

MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 06/07/2016 11:43 am

Like the question says,do hypertrophic scars blanch when pressure is applied and does the redness go way on its own(with time).I have got these embarassing hypertrophic scars on my cheeks(both of em) for more than year and It's really starting to affect my comfidence especially when my acne is finally clearing up with accutane(no actives!) but I still look like a pizza face.
Below is a picture of my left cheek with the scars pointed out(at least I know for sure they are hypertrophic,though there can be more).The color vary greatly from day to day depending on external conditions(temperature ,irritation,etc) and they seem more raised when I wake up.
If anyone know anything about hypertrophic scars and their treatments,please respond and help this kid out

left.jpg

MemberMember
(@needledack)

Posted : 06/08/2016 10:28 am

you will feel a lot better after seeing mine. https://www.realself.com/question/chantilly-va-improve-scarring-hypertrophic-small-hypopigmented-raised-scars?rsuid=2624521&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=user.author.question

You COULD get steroid (triamcinolone) injections, but there are side effects that could make it worse (indentions, hypo/hyperpigmentation). Mine are bad enough to the point where I don't care if I get indented/color changes. If I were you I would just move on with your life and don't worry about them and inadvertently do something that could make them worse.

Naimur97 liked
MemberMember
(@naimur97)

Posted : 06/09/2016 4:20 am

17 hours ago, needledack said:

you will feel a lot better after seeing mine. https://www.realself.com/question/chantilly-va-improve-scarring-hypertrophic-small-hypopigmented-raised-scars?rsuid=2624521&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=user.author.question

You COULD get steroid (triamcinolone) injections, but there are side effects that could make it worse (indentions, hypo/hyperpigmentation). Mine are bad enough to the point where I don't care if I get indented/color changes. If I were you I would just move on with your life and don't worry about them and inadvertently do something that could make them worse.

Thanks for the consolation.However,this is my good cheek.My right cheek is even worse with both hypertrophic and indented scarrings.
The redness makes them even worse.

MemberMember
(@prayingforcure)

Posted : 07/07/2016 3:10 pm

Those will fade away very soon those are not areas where keloids or hypertrophic scars form. Also your look more like post-acne inflamed skin than scars to me. . This is coming from someone with a history of keloids, hypertrophic scars and acne.

MemberMember
(@monikas)

Posted : 05/07/2023 7:23 am

Hey did it fade away? Im having same type of scar.