Notifications
Clear all

Hyper Pigmented Raised Scar

MemberMember
(@sane-insanity)

Posted : 04/28/2014 11:59 am

I've never had severe acne but I've also haven't had skin anywhere close to clear since I was about 8'years old. Ten years ago I developed a spot on my nose. Right in the centre of my face. It seemed like just a normal spot at the time. I was young so I picked it. And picked it. Now I have a circular raised scar where the spot used was. Ive tried so many things to get rid of it but nothing seems to work. At first it kind of seemed like a very small keloid. I've had keloids before and thought I might have caused a keloid to form from picking it. But my keloids were tenders every smooth, unlike this...thing. This thing looked like a spot with an exterior made of many layers of very thick skin. Being weird and curious and stupid I pricked it with a sterilised needle thinking that if it was just layers of skin then finding the bottom layer and removing it from there would mean that I could remove the entire thing. I found a strange fleshy layer underneath and then it began to bleed. I've tried the regimen and have used benezol peroxide in varying strengths as well as many other methods but nothing has even the remotest effect. I am at my wits end. It's very very hyperpigmented and the texture is completely different to my skin making it difficult to cover with makeup . It's made me very self conscious.

Any tips?

MemberMember
(@perigon)

Posted : 04/29/2014 4:26 am

I've never had severe acne but I've also haven't had skin anywhere close to clear since I was about 8'years old. Ten years ago I developed a spot on my nose. Right in the centre of my face. It seemed like just a normal spot at the time. I was young so I picked it. And picked it. Now I have a circular raised scar where the spot used was. Ive tried so many things to get rid of it but nothing seems to work. At first it kind of seemed like a very small keloid. I've had keloids before and thought I might have caused a keloid to form from picking it. But my keloids were tenders every smooth, unlike this...thing. This thing looked like a spot with an exterior made of many layers of very thick skin. Being weird and curious and stupid I pricked it with a sterilised needle thinking that if it was just layers of skin then finding the bottom layer and removing it from there would mean that I could remove the entire thing. I found a strange fleshy layer underneath and then it began to bleed. I've tried the regimen and have used benezol peroxide in varying strengths as well as many other methods but nothing has even the remotest effect. I am at my wits end. It's very very hyperpigmented and the texture is completely different to my skin making it difficult to cover with makeup . It's made me very self conscious.

Any tips?

It sounds like a raised scar, luckily for you they are very easy to treat. All it takes is a few catabolic steroid injections (sometimes only takes one). Most dermatologists will do this for you for a small fee. My derm did it for my shoulder for free even. Make sure you go to a proper dermatologist though, you don't want them to overdo the injection.