Raised Scar

MemberMember
(@roxy93)

Posted : 02/20/2014 7:54 am

I've had a raised scar on my face for almost 3 years now which will not disappear whatsoever. I had another one on the other side of my face which disappeared but now that looks like it's on it's way back too.

I was told to try Bazuka for the active raised scar and I've been putting that on for a week now. The skin is sore but the scar looked like it was disappearing until today when it suddenly enlarged again.

This is really, really bringing me down. I've been on roaccutane so the rest of my skin is great, but my dermatologist refused to help me with my scarring, claiming it'll 'just go on it's own'. I only work from home now as I don't have the confidence to get a proper job as I hate people seeing this scar. I'd really appreciate some help, and I'd like to know why this scar has suddenly got worse after going down. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@jemcc1013)

Posted : 02/22/2014 11:47 am

Have you tried silicone scar sheets? I heard they help but it takes some months and you have to be consistent. I have some ugly ones on my back too :( I was actually thinking of trying cortisone shots. Those are supposed to help flatten them too. If your derm won't help, maybe try finding another? A second opinion is never bad :) Just make sure to do your research before deciding on any treatment. Good luck!