Notifications
Clear all

Endless

MemberMember
(@indigonzo)

Posted : 07/24/2017 6:04 pm

Hi, reading these posts makes me feel less alone. It's been more of my life than not with acne and being on oral medication. We're talking over 20 years of ever ending acne. Antibiotics, accutane, every topical known to the world and now birth control combined with spironolactone isn't helping. I take daily photos to see the progression. I've gone to acne facials regularly for a year now and they have the nerve to say shit like I need to wash my face more. Are you kidding me??  You think I just forgot to wash my face?! I wish! No one in my family suffers like this. Is it time for me to cut out dairy? Should I do the laser therapy if I'm still currently breaking out constantly, or us that only for "after" acne? Like there will ever be life after acne... Depression is real. I want to hide in the dark. I'm a teacher and see them all staring at it. Thank god I have the summer to break from makeup but I will not be seen without makeup. Stops me from going camping with friends among many other outings. How can I let 20 whiteheads not be popped?!?! How? I'm disgusting and I'm tired of it.

IMG_3947.JPG

MemberMember
(@annnaa)

Posted : 07/29/2017 7:27 pm

How bad is your picking? Do you pick the scabs off before they have healed as well?

MemberMember
(@skyesthelimit)

Posted : 08/29/2017 2:16 am

Try no matter how hard it is. You may not have found the solution yet but someday you will. It's a matter of trial and error as not all skin are the same.

I suggest that you try the natural remedies first or those products made with natural ingredients. Try to cut off dairy as you said too.

MemberMember
(@yth)

Posted : 08/31/2017 6:13 pm

Hello,
You're not alone, acne is very frustrating and takes an emotional toll but you can get clear skin and keep it that way with the right changes.

Have you tried cutting out dairy? I have clear skin now but it took me years to realize that milk was exacerbating my problem. For other people cutting out gluten, wheat, soy, excessive sugar intake etc. have a significant impact.
Make sure you're drinking enough water as well.

I would try a process of elimination, starting with milk and cutting back on other dairy products. If that doesn't help you can look at the rest of your diet.
Washing your face has nothing to do with it, if anything washing your face too much could be contributing to the problem.

It could also be hormonal, for some women birth control or other oral contraceptives are helpful.

I know the acne sucks but on the bright side it doesn't look like you have any scarring so that's great. For most of us, we deal with the acne and when it finally clears we have the aftermath to deal with which can be a lot harder to treat than the acne itself.