Please Help: Picked...

Notifications
Clear all

Please Help: Picked Skin to Pieces

MemberMember
(@ahernandez2828)

Posted : 06/06/2017 3:46 am

I need help. I am so frustrated with my skin, but most importantly myself. I just discovered this website and just realized skin picking is a thing. It's a thing I have been struggling with for years and thought I was the only one. I could write a novel about how many times acne and acne scabs have held me back from so much.

It is as I type this that I realize just how much I allowed acne to control and ruin my life. I have been insecure about my skin since the 3rd grade. That's right, we have a seasoned picker on our hands. Most recently my skin has been at it's worst so I have imprisoned myself in my own home just out of sheer embarassment and insecurity. I'm coming up to two weeks of rotting in my room. It's gotten so bad that I even spent my birthday all alone at home, I've missed a lot of school and am missing job interviews.

I am too embarrassed to see dermatologist or go to a facial. Not sure of my anxiety or depression triggered this or vice versa. My skin is very dry and sensitive and I mainly use lush or organice facial products from Sprouts. I've found that tea tree oil helps with pimples but I have not found anything to help the scabs. I am a hormonal mess and often times get cysts. I am open to any advice but please try to make it budget friendly.

I am so tired of hating and pittying myself. I just want my life back. I want to fucking feel good about myself for once. Someone please help. 

IMG_0695.PNG

IMG_0697.PNG

MemberMember
(@ahaguru)

Posted : 06/07/2017 4:47 pm

i see your skin got really burned!
apply nonfat buttermilk for 15-20 min every 2 days, helps healing scars and better tone
drink herbal teas daily, they heal, normalize hormones and prevent future acne
honeybrush, red raspberry leaf, nettle, milk thistle, burdock
drink 30 min before meal for better results, avoid taking with other drugs
raw eating cures any skin disease!! Start eating more fruits and vegetables!
organic dairy and meat makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE! i know from my own exprience
wash fash with raw honey in the morning
apply lavender essential oil on spots only
always finish with cold water
avoid using benzoyl peroxide and vinegar on open scars, they burn!
take vitamins especially made for skin, high end grocery carry them
take chlophyl
for dry skin take double dose inside vitamin E and 1-2 tablespoon flaxseed oil, its the best cure from dry skin inside out
drink daily buttermilk/kefir, heals gut flora and improves skin
if you heal inside you'll look great outside!
take blood test asap to find out deficiencies any of the vitamins and minerals

MemberMember
(@graciep)

Posted : 06/16/2017 8:13 pm

On June 6, 2017 at 4:46 AM, ahernandez2828 said:

I need help. I am so frustrated with my skin, but most importantly myself. I just discovered this website and just realized skin picking is a thing. It's a thing I have been struggling with for years and thought I was the only one. I could write a novel about how many times acne and acne scabs have held me back from so much.

It is as I type this that I realize just how much I allowed acne to control and ruin my life. I have been insecure about my skin since the 3rd grade. That's right, we have a seasoned picker on our hands. Most recently my skin has been at it's worst so I have imprisoned myself in my own home just out of sheer embarassment and insecurity. I'm coming up to two weeks of rotting in my room. It's gotten so bad that I even spent my birthday all alone at home, I've missed a lot of school and am missing job interviews.

I am too embarrassed to see dermatologist or go to a facial. Not sure of my anxiety or depression triggered this or vice versa. My skin is very dry and sensitive and I mainly use lush or organice facial products from Sprouts. I've found that tea tree oil helps with pimples but I have not found anything to help the scabs. I am a hormonal mess and often times get cysts. I am open to any advice but please try to make it budget friendly.

I am so tired of hating and pittying myself. I just want my life back. I want to fucking feel good about myself for once. Someone please help. 

IMG_0695.PNG

IMG_0697.PNG

Hi Hun, I can relate on so many levels. i actually dropped out of college this past year because my skin/acne and picking got so bad i couldn't leave my room and i sat locked away for SIX MONTHS. i know how it feels and how exhausting and depressing it is. that being said, I've been through it all with trying out things. My favorite things for sores are a brand called Suuthe, they sell a product called Skin Repair and it works very well. That as well as (i know it will sound weird) but a diaper rash cream with a high % of zinc oxide. Both of these work wonders on my sores. I know you posted this a while ago, I hope and pray that you are doing better. 

MemberMember
(@annnaa)

Posted : 07/20/2017 4:24 pm

have you tried to remove ALL mirrors? thats the only thing that has made me able to somewhat control the picking. do you actually have stuff to pick (like black heads or white heads)? I started picking when i was about 13 and Im now 29.. but I think I stopped picking! haven't done it for about a monht now and that has NEVER happened before. the only way for me to stop was to fix the underlying problem, which in my case were white heads. I dont pick as long as theres nothing to pick, but I know that is not always the case for some of the heavy pickers. Im sitting in the bed and just 5 min ago I looked at my skin in the mirror with the lamp very close like when I usually start a picking session lasting around 2 hours. I looked at all the pores, concluded they where all empty and put the mirror away 30 sec later..