Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scab

MemberMember
(@lb002)

Posted : 08/13/2016 4:46 pm

Alright, so stupidly on Wednesday I squeezed the most minor blackhead on my forehead. It shouldn't have even been squeezed, it would've gone away on its own and it was barely noticible. So the next day I drained the rest of the infection out, but now there's a huge dark scab on my forehead. For now I'm not going anywhere so I don't need to worry about trying to cover it, but school starts on the 18th and I'm wondering when this thing will go away. Right now it is Saturday so I have about 4 days. I just want to know what I can do to speed up the process (besides not picking which is the easiest).image.jpeg

MemberMember
(@asburypark101)

Posted : 08/13/2016 6:25 pm

Right now just consider putting a thickmoisturizer on it like Eucerin or Aquaphor. Or if you are not sensitive to it than you can put Petroleum Jelly (Vaseline). The best thing to do is to keep it moist and that will speed up the healing process.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/16/2016 2:57 am

I use 3M Tegaderm film on popped acne wounds/scrapes. They work wonder for me. Might be ugly and gross (ie. draining) for 2 days, but then wounds dry up and no scabbings so no scarrings | I usually heal within 4 days. (Have been using for 5 years or so now.)