Help. I'm growing a...

Notifications
Clear all

Help. I'm growing a 2nd chin

MemberMember
(@betsy2013)

Posted : 04/02/2016 2:01 am

So I had a red lump on my chin, which I have unwisely squeezed to death. It is now sore, red and scabby...but non of the lump has gone. I have tried icing it but think that made it more red....

[Image edited out]

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 04/02/2016 7:45 am

Cortisone shot! Call a doc or go to zocdoc.com and find one available tomorrow. I am a recovering picker and trust me, getting the inflammation down and knowing you did something for it will keep your hands away! Best of luck.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@betsy2013)

Posted : 04/03/2016 6:54 am

Thanks for the advice!!! Unfortunately I don't think this is something you can get quickly in the uk :( 

TaneBabe liked
MemberMember
(@exning)

Posted : 04/04/2016 9:07 pm

Oof thats what my chin looks like. Mario b's "buffering lotion" helped a little but I just started using Finacea and I think the swelling went down. Those suckers take forever

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@betsy2013)

Posted : 04/05/2016 3:20 pm

It's gone down a lot!!! Just a scab now...too crusty to put makeup on though

MemberMember
(@amz123)

Posted : 04/19/2016 1:24 pm

Try keep it moisturised , you don't want it to become dry and crusty because that just looks awful, put sudocrem on it over night or if u don't own any use either savlon or germoline, please please do not try to squeeze it or pick it again x

Joecy liked
MemberMember
(@joecy)

Posted : 04/19/2016 10:32 pm

Usually when I get this I just put vics on it before I go to sleep. I call it the underskin pimple. It is extremely painful. Before putting the vics on it I ice it so the swelling can go down a bit. When I wake up in the morning it will look smaller. And I just keep repeating it until it is gone.

MemberMember
(@betsy2013)

Posted : 05/17/2016 9:41 am

Thanks for the help guys... it has healed considerably and is now a flat red/pink mark. I have had these before but not that have lasted this long..... has anyone experienced a similar mark?? I don't think it has scared as if you press itit goes white.