I need this scab go...

Notifications
Clear all

I need this scab gone ASAP

MemberMember
(@merecat6)

Posted : 03/02/2016 5:58 pm

I had a relatively short lived cystic pimple on my left cheek that began to appear sometime during the day on Monday. It went from being a small bump to a full blown pimple that dominated my entire face overnight. I was forced to  go to school with it and attempted to cover it up with makeup. I got home later yesterday and took a shower. When I got out the pimple was clearly ready to be popped as it had a white tip. I squeezed it and all this puss and stuff squirted out so I put some BP on it mixed with neosporin. I went to bed with that on and when I awoke (I was expecting this), it was a rather large scab. I covered it up and went to school, and when I came home I washed my face and put some aloe vera gel on it. Currently I have some white neosporin on it but I'm not sure what else to do to speed up the healing process. Should I put a bandaid on it? Should I let it dry out? I've had a lot of these before and the one thing I've learned is not to pick at it which I will not do again. Any suggestions and/or personal experience would be greatly appreciated. I am 15 and already have low self esteem as it is, so I'd like this thing gone as soon as physically possible. 

MemberMember
(@edoz)

Posted : 03/07/2016 2:49 am

Hi! Usually what I do is use Neosporin ONLY WHEN IM SLEEPING, since that's the best time for skin renewal/regeneration. This is pretty much the best way to do it (at least from what I've figured out):

1. Don't use a face scrub or pick at it. Use a gentle facial cleanser.
2. After that, get a clean washcloth and put it in hot water. Then press the washcloth on the scab for about 5-10 minutes to get the blood circulation flowing.
3. If the scab ends up opening, you can put acne medication on it if you use some. I use the blemish stick from Burt's Bees.
4. After, dab Neosporin onto ONLY the scab until it absorbs completely. You don't want to spread it out too much though, because it could clog the pores of the surrounding areas. No need for a bandaid.

Honestly, whenever I do this, my scabs are gone in either 1-2 nights. I hope this works for you!

MemberMember
(@tanebabe)

Posted : 03/07/2016 6:04 pm

Hey there!

I only use neosporin when the skin is raw, to prevent infection. Once a scab has formed I let it dry out naturally (it won't get infected anymore because the scab acts like temporary skin). I use a retinol acne treatment which sometimes I spot treat with, which speeds up healing time 10x. For example, on Friday I popped two pimples which left a pretty hefty scab, I spot treated with Epiduo Forte for 2 nights, and now (Monday), it is only a spot of pink hyperpigmentation.

This is MY personal experience and works for me. Overall, I would just suggest letting it dry out and flake off, and DO NOT PICK ON IT please please please! Still learning not to do this myself.