Please HELP!! VERY ...

Notifications
Clear all

Please HELP!! VERY OILY skin!!! Any procedures???

MemberMember
(@waxingqueen)

Posted : 08/23/2018 5:28 pm

I've been on Accutane twice a few years apart. It worked both times getting rid of acne, but now I'm still left with my EXTREMELY oily skin that I had before Accutane. My skin gets SO OILY. When I say oily, I don't mean a little shine over nose throughout the day. I mean, oil sleek, sticky, greasy mess within an hour or two after a shower. It brings down my self esteem greatly..

I'm trying all dietary tips to reduce sebum production, but has anyone tried PROCEDURES to burn away oil glands or reduce oil glands? Please help...!!!

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 08/24/2018 1:19 pm

Not sure what you mean by procedures. I do know that if your skin gets dry it will try to produce more oil to compensate. You may just have to adjust your skincare and let it work. I know that's probably not what you want to hear, but some things do take time.
Definitely, use products formulated for oily skin. Don't overdo it with washing your face, no more than twice a day. Once if it really oily, I used to just rinse my face with water in the morning and wash it only at night. Always moisturize, some people have luck using oil, I know it sounds counterintuitive.
Other than that, continue cleaning up your diet. It may take time, but it will work.

MemberMember
(@vermilion)

Posted : 09/16/2018 8:55 pm

Only accutane in my experience has lessened my oily skin. I am waiting on a drug called SB204 that just finished phase three of clinicals to be available to the general public. It is the only drug that is aimed at reducing oily skin.