Need some oily skin...

Notifications
Clear all

Need some oily skin advice

MemberMember
(@oilyskingrrr)

Posted : 07/21/2016 1:18 pm

So as you can tell I have oily skin. I also have acne (not sure whether it's mild or moderate but definitely isn't severe).
As you all know having acne is a massive confidence blow, paired with oily skin has me struggling to leave the house. In the Winter and most of Autumn and Spring it isn't too bad, but at the moment with the heat and sweating more my oily skin is at its worst.
I've had oily skin only this year and last, it came out of nowhere and I suspect it's due to hormones as other things also happened around the same time.
I'm using Epiduo and have read not to use anything containing Salicylic Acid (I only read this after I'd tried a SA containing facial cleanser, followed by Epiduo later in the evening and my face was on fire!). I'm not sure what else to try but it's making me feel really depressed my makeup only lasts a couple of hours then starts going patchy. I also look ridiculous with a shiny face. I'm so embarrassed.
I don't have any money as I don't work so I would either need to get something on prescription, or it would need to be something that only costs 3-4. I even wake up on a morning with oily skin.

MemberMember
(@wadex)

Posted : 07/21/2016 3:26 pm

Your oily skin is you going through puberty, so yes, hormones. There is no day long stopper of oily skin.

However there are things you can do to try to stop it!

Twice a day use a medicated (personally salicylic acid) face wash, and during the day you can use Noxzema or Clearasil sweat pads throughout the day. Maybe every time you use the bathroom.

indont recommend blotting with a tissue or towel, it will clog pores.

Hope this offers some insight :)

MemberMember
(@tazorac)

Posted : 07/22/2016 4:52 am

You sound like me when I was about 15 years old. Use to wake up in the morning with my eyes burning from oil from my forehead running down into my face.

Milk Of Magnesia is your friend. It only cost $1. Wash your face at night, put the MOM on for about 10 minutes or until it dries, then rinse.