What could help cur...

Notifications
Clear all

What could help cure my scalp acne?

MemberMember
(@maysam)

Posted : 01/17/2016 9:10 am

Dear all,

I am been having a scalp acne problem for about 5-6 years. I have literally tried everything to help cure it unfortunately, none worked. I have very oily skin and oily hair. Neutrogena T-gel Shampoo, Capasal shampooo, antibiotics, Head and shoulder anti dandruff etc. I've tried them all. I know Benzoyl peroxide is very effective against acne treatment as I tried this on my face. However, the downside of it is that it bleached most of my clohtes so it is no a no go for this to go on my scalp. I don't want to damage any more clothes.

Currently, I am on tea tree shampoo and this doesn't work either. It is really embarrassing for me to have a hair cut. For example, I had a haircut yesterday and the razor made some of my pimples to bleed. The pimples are really big and very painful. I don't know what to try next? To be honest, I tried so many stuff that I am thinking that nothing will work. Is there anyone else out there with same situation as me? If so, what was the solution to your problem?

Thanks,

Maysam

MemberMember
(@hopeless87)

Posted : 01/19/2016 2:45 am

99% of drugstore shampoos are acnegenic so dont buy stuff like that with sulfates... try switching to an all natural clarifying shampoo like avalon organics clarifying lemon shampoo (at health food store) and then every couple of days doing an apple cider vinegar rinse on your scalp (mix a cup with half acv and half water, pour it on your scalp, wait 2-3 minutes, rinse, dont worry the smell doesnt stay) and make sure you are never touching your scalp. i also change my pillowcase every freaking day now just to be safe.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 02/10/2016 9:35 am

On 1/17/2016 at 8:10 PM, Maysam said:

Dear all,

I am been having a scalp acne problem for about 5-6 years. I have literally tried everything to help cure it unfortunately, none worked. I have very oily skin and oily hair. Neutrogena T-gel Shampoo, Capasal shampooo, antibiotics, Head and shoulder anti dandruff etc. I've tried them all. I know Benzoyl peroxide is very effective against acne treatment as I tried this on my face. However, the downside of it is that it bleached most of my clohtes so it is no a no go for this to go on my scalp. I don't want to damage any more clothes.

Currently, I am on tea tree shampoo and this doesn't work either. It is really embarrassing for me to have a hair cut. For example, I had a haircut yesterday and the razor made some of my pimples to bleed. The pimples are really big and very painful. I don't know what to try next? To be honest, I tried so many stuff that I am thinking that nothing will work. Is there anyone else out there with same situation as me? If so, what was the solution to your problem?

Thanks,

Maysam

Hi Maysam, hope you are doing well! Hi there! I am sorry to hear you are dealing with this. I have extremely sensitive skin and when I use any non-natural hair products I will have consistent painful breakouts along my hairline. I switched to Nature's Gate shampoo and conditioner and that was somewhat helpful. I recently came across a brand called ACURE and I use the Lemongrass/Argan Stem Cell Shampoo and Conditioner and the breakouts have ceased.

Lemongrass Argan Stem Cell Conditioner [Edited link out]

It could be worth a shot, I came across these products doing a search for sensitive skin, etc and picked some up at WholeFoods, also have on Amazon.