Cleanser On Oily Sk...

Notifications
Clear all

Cleanser On Oily Skin : To Use Or Not To Use

MemberMember
(@kostas19)

Posted : 09/30/2015 4:05 pm

Hey guys...I suffer from oily skin and it is the major cause of my acne.My dermatologist told me to use the Aknicare cleanser which is supposed to remove excessive sebum, twice a day, but after doing some research online I noticed that many people would actually say that drying out the skin results in more oil production. Do you believe I should stop using this cleanser and maybe replace it with a mild one that is not supposed to remove the oil from my face?

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 10/01/2015 1:24 pm

I'm never sure what to do. I have been using the CeraVe hydrating cleanser which is meant to not strip your skin, but my skin still gets super oily. I am getting sick of looking like a greaseball only a couple hours after washing my face D:

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 10/02/2015 1:57 pm

Using a cleanser that is too harsh and leaves your skin feeling tight, dry, red, and/or irritated is always a bad thing but you should definitely be using some type of cleanser to clean your skin it's just about finding the right one that is gentle enough for you. Also, there is no evidence at all that your skin produces more oil if you wash it too much. This is one of those things people think is true but has not evidence to back it up.