How I Fixed Horrend...

Notifications
Clear all

How I Fixed Horrendous Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@gibbo0)

Posted : 12/26/2014 2:50 pm

Hey all,

So I have been following the acne.org forums for over 10 years...for the last 9 years I still had acne having tried pretty much everything on this forum, but have finally got perfect acne free skin basically through correct healthy eating (no need for any supplements or anything), regularly exercise and stopping putting chemicals on my face. I now use an organic face wash in the evening and use organic treatment oil, but both of these are optional, the diet and exercise were the key to fixing the acne.

Anyway, while I had fixed my acne, i've still had horrendous oily skin for the last 10 years. The kind of oily skin where after an hour I could wipe a whole thick layer of oil from my face. I had tried everything suggested on this forum to fix this, and I mean everything.

About 6 months ago I decided to stop washing my hair with shampoo. I now just wash it every day with water (or wash it with water after exercise). If it does get oily then I use a rye flour paste as a "shampoo" which works great, but now I don't need to really (as of writing this post i haven't washed my hair with rye flour for 6 weeks). I also stopped putting hair products in my hair as the small amount of natural oil kind of keeps everything in place.

Anyway, long and short: I have 0% oily skin now. I can go without washing my face for 2-3 days and will not have a single bit of oil on my face.

Just what worked for me, maybe worth a try for other people. I'm naturally super lazy and wished for a solution where I would have to use the minimal number of products to have great skin...luckily the solution appears to be to use no products :)

You should start to notice differences in oil production after 2-3 months, as your hair starts to produce less oil as well as it starts to self regulate.

Best of luck,

Gibbo

MemberMember
(@daynecarter)

Posted : 12/30/2014 9:45 pm

What if i still want to eat burgers, pizza and chips?

MemberMember
(@username11342)

Posted : 01/23/2015 8:47 pm

I don't understand how not washing your hair has solved your oily skin. Are you saying that when you wash the oils from your scalp your body goes into overdrive to produce more sebum in sebaceous glands?