Washing Face With W...

Notifications
Clear all

Washing Face With Water Only = No Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/16/2014 5:03 am

Yep, you heard it right. Try washing your face with water only, then use a thin layer of moisturizer. I tried this, and on the first day I went the entire day without having oily skin. Awesome

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/16/2014 7:33 am

Water and DKR moisturizer have been my skin care regimen for years now. I've been trying my son's new face wash a few times, mainly to test how gentle it really is, now yesterday I had the oiliest skin in quite awhile, so I think for my skin the face wash even if gentle is overkill. Gonna stick to water and moisturizer! :)

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/16/2014 8:03 am

Water and DKR moisturizer have been my skin care regimen for years now. I've been trying my son's new face wash a few times, mainly to test how gentle it really is, now yesterday I had the oiliest skin in quite awhile, so I think for my skin the face wash even if gentle is overkill. Gonna stick to water and moisturizer!

its awesome because I am a teenager and had quite constant breakouts and really oily skin, which was weird cause neither of my parents were like me in their teenage years! Then, I noticed how people with clear skin don't use cleansers. Stopped using cetaphil and just did water and moisturizer and my skin is already less oily even after 12 hours of not washing!

Gonna stick to it as well hehe

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/16/2014 8:42 am

I wouldn't say all people with clear skin don't use cleansers. Some people are just blessed with great skin and they can put anything on it and it still looks great...unlike the rest of us. It's about finding what works for your skin and then sticking with it! :)

Tretinoin liked
MemberMember
(@warrior027)

Posted : 10/16/2014 1:46 pm

I've tried this too, didn't work at all. We all have different skin buddy.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/16/2014 10:16 pm

true, im guessing this would work on people with sensitive skin, since they tend to get irritated by even the slightest of cleansers, causing breakouts.

MemberMember
(@warrior027)

Posted : 10/17/2014 12:45 am

true, im guessing this would work on people with sensitive skin, since they tend to get irritated by even the slightest of cleansers, causing breakouts.

I have sensitive oily red oily skin.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/17/2014 2:08 am

ever consider the fact that the chemicals in your cleansers are the ones to blame? :o

MemberMember
(@warrior027)

Posted : 10/17/2014 6:08 am

ever consider the fact that the chemicals in your cleansers are the ones to blame? :o

Yea but i stopped using cleansers and only used water and it did nothing

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/17/2014 8:00 am

ever consider the fact that the chemicals in your cleansers are the ones to blame?

how long did u stick with that regimen?

MemberMember
(@warrior027)

Posted : 10/17/2014 9:46 am

ever consider the fact that the chemicals in your cleansers are the ones to blame? gasp.gif

how long did u stick with that regimen?

Not long to be honest maybe a few days or a week.

MemberMember
(@ermabehrens)

Posted : 10/22/2014 12:07 am

Washing our face at least twice a day is indeed helpful in getting rid of oily skin. I would also like to add eating healthy foods, exercise and using natural scrabs and cleansers.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/22/2014 12:43 am

bump

MemberMember
(@lethivanlethivan)

Posted : 07/20/2015 10:00 pm

Washing DOESNT lead to overproducing sebum. Therefore washing with water only doesnt help with reducing oil

http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/338978#ref18

And how you are supposed to clean away dirt and bacteria without a cleanser?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 07/21/2015 5:16 am

Washing DOESNT lead to overproducing sebum. Therefore washing with water only doesnt help with reducing oil

http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/338978#ref18

And how you are supposed to clean away dirt and bacteria without a cleanser?

I no longer do this. I use a natural cleanser now instead of cetaphil. I found that cetaphil had an ingredient which didn't fit well with my skin, which was SLS. I found that using a natural cleanser made my skin less sensitive.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@cyanmile)

Posted : 07/27/2015 9:20 pm

Water and DKR moisturizer have been my skin care regimen for years now. I've been trying my son's new face wash a few times, mainly to test how gentle it really is, now yesterday I had the oiliest skin in quite awhile, so I think for my skin the face wash even if gentle is overkill. Gonna stick to water and moisturizer!

its awesome because I am a teenager and had quite constant breakouts and really oily skin, which was weird cause neither of my parents were like me in their teenage years! Then, I noticed how people with clear skin don't use cleansers. Stopped using cetaphil and just did water and moisturizer and my skin is already less oily even after 12 hours of not washing!

I wish you'd define what you mean by "really oily"! We all have different definitions. I think of myself as having extremely oily skin- jawline, eyebrow bone, eyelid, cheeks, chin, forehead, everything covered in a thick layer of shine.

Anyway, I did try the no cleanser method for about a week and although my skin was slightly less oily, I broke out and got huge white heads. My oils just completely clogged up my pores. Do you have any tips on what cleanser to use? I currently use Cetaphil.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 07/28/2015 12:52 am

I wish you'd define what you mean by "really oily"! We all have different definitions. I think of myself as having extremely oily skin- jawline, eyebrow bone, eyelid, cheeks, chin, forehead, everything covered in a thick layer of shine.

Anyway, I did try the no cleanser method for about a week and although my skin was slightly less oily, I broke out and got huge white heads. My oils just completely clogged up my pores. Do you have any tips on what cleanser to use? I currently use Cetaphil.

Don't use cetaphil, I feel that its too irritating to the skin cause of the SLS (which rates a 5/5 in comedogenic scale). So yeah, use a facewash thats made of natural products.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@cyanmile)

Posted : 07/31/2015 10:18 pm

Don't use cetaphil, I feel that its too irritating to the skin cause of the SLS (which rates a 5/5 in comedogenic scale). So yeah, use a facewash thats made of natural products.

I'm glad you brought that up because I've always wondered why my Cetaphil made my face itchy and irritated if it's supposed to be a "gentle" face wash.

Thanks for the tip

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@rachidleroi)

Posted : 08/16/2015 3:09 am

hi i would like to share with you this

i would like to understand why when i wash my face with soap (wherever the mark) i get acne this problem i have it since my hormonal changed and any product i try it doesn't work with me

i am still whashing my face only with tepid water not wold not warm and my skin respond healthy with it

is it normal ??

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/17/2015 5:58 am

hi i would like to share with you this

i would like to understand why when i wash my face with soap (wherever the mark) i get acne this problem i have it since my hormonal changed and any product i try it doesn't work with me

i am still whashing my face only with tepid water not wold not warm and my skin respond healthy with it

is it normal ??

I didn't quite understand your post. Are you saying that whenever you wash your face with soap, you get acne? The reason for that is that regular soap is too drying for your face. Some people can get away with it, but people with sensitive skin can't. If what you're doing is working, keep doing it!

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 08/17/2015 6:01 pm

I find if I wash with anything hotter than luke warm water I start to get oily shortly after. Remember, everyone's skin is different so this probably won't work for everyone.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/17/2015 6:42 pm

I find if I wash with anything hotter than luke warm water I start to get oily shortly after. Remember, everyone's skin is different so this probably won't work for everyone.

same goes for me. I think hotter water dries your skin out too much, thus causing it produce more oil to compensate for the dryness.

MemberMember
(@dan-crow)

Posted : 08/17/2015 9:06 pm

^ I definitely agree Anton. Your skin dries out so then your body compensates by producing more sebum which can make the skin look really oil in some people.

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 08/18/2015 7:38 am

Hot water definitely dries your skin out but if you can point to ANY study that shows your body produces more oil because of this I would love to see it. This theory like many gets thrown around a lot but has never been proven.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 08/18/2015 10:18 am

Hot water definitely dries your skin out but if you can point to ANY study that shows your body produces more oil because of this I would love to see it. This theory like many gets thrown around a lot but has never been proven.