Still Oily After St...

Notifications
Clear all

Still Oily After Stopping Bp? :/

MemberMember
(@mattthomas)

Posted : 04/01/2014 6:08 pm

Hey guys

I'm a 17 year old guy and am taking Doxycycline which has pretty much cleared me up- for now at least.

Anyway before starting the course of antibiotics I was using BP twice a day for about 4 or 5 months which gave me really oily skin due to the drying effect of it. Now, ever since I started clearing up I decided to stop using it to let my skin recover a bit and normalize, but it has been like 3 or 4 weeks or so and my skin is still extremely oily- not as much as before but still not that much difference. I've been washing and moisturizing twice a day, drinking cups and cups of green tea and am experimenting with loads of different supplements and so on, but my skin is still really oily!!!!

Am I just being impatient or am I stuck with all this oil for a good few years? :/

Oh, and any other tips for oily skin? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 04/02/2014 1:24 pm

Hi.

Make sure your moisturizer does not contain oil and is not too thick and creamy and your cleanser is not too drying. You don't want any of the products to contain alcohol or any ingredients which will strip your skin of moisture because then you will produce more oil to compensate.

Try drinking more water during the day (at least 8 glasses) and squeeze a lemon in it. Make sure your tea does not contain caffeine.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@mattthomas)

Posted : 04/02/2014 5:01 pm

Hi.

Make sure your moisturizer does not contain oil and is not too thick and creamy and your cleanser is not too drying. You don't want any of the products to contain alcohol or any ingredients which will strip your skin of moisture because then you will produce more oil to compensate.

Try drinking more water during the day (at least 8 glasses) and squeeze a lemon in it. Make sure your tea does not contain caffeine.

Good luck.

Cheers for the advice, the moisturizer I use doesn't contain any oils, but at night time before bed I do apply a fairly thick layer; is there such a thing as over-moisturizing?

And I also actually drink about 8 glasses of water during the day haha, haven't tried squeezing some lemon in it though, would you also recommend using it topically as well? Thankfully I only have about two or three small pimples on my face at any given time, it is mainly just the all oil and hyperpigmentation that is now bothering me, would the lemons help?

Thaaankssss

MemberMember
(@bbbbbbbb1)

Posted : 05/02/2014 5:39 am

Its been 4 months since I quit using benzoyl peroxde and my skin is taking a very long time to recover. I have been using moisturising creams and emollients religiously twice a day to help speed up healing.The skin has gradually improved to a point where its still red and irritated but not severley and not as noticeable, its still quite tight and dry feeling, the texture is getting better and not scaly but is quite rough and looks like an elderly person, it still gets well oily too but not as bad as when I was using bp.

So basically it is taking blooming ages to heal and get back to a place where it is its natural skin tone, colour, and texture. I wish my skin would just return to its normal level of oiliness and moisture levels and not feel like its still damaged by bp.