Notifications
Clear all

Right, I've Had Oily Skin Since I Was About 12 Years Old.

MemberMember
(@adrinium)

Posted : 06/22/2013 11:29 pm

I am now 20. I also used to have pretty bad acne around the ages between 14-17 and because i've been doing a very strict regimen of antibiotics (Doxycycline, which i've now stopped) and facial products (now using retin-a .01%, salicylic acid wash, apricot scrub, and cetaphils gentle facewash), my acne has pretty much disappeared. I mean, yes I do get a few here and there and some being a bit larger than others, but nothing like it used to be. MY problem now is oily as junk skin (I mean, it's always been oily but I was more concerned with my acne than my oilyness and now the oil is just so fucking UGLY!)! It's horrible! I can't do anything without makeup on because if I do, it just looks like this horrible greasepit of nastiness. I feel like i've tried everything for it, high end products that cost loads and cheap products that don't do anything. None of them seemed to help. The only things that have helped, which i can only use with makeup, is urbandecays 'deslick' spray, which i use all over my powdered face and that helps tons. But yeah.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 06/22/2013 11:31 pm

Try 1-3 grams of pure vitamin c powder, daily.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 06/22/2013 11:41 pm

I have the same problem! Hate it..

MemberMember
(@omnivium)

Posted : 06/23/2013 2:41 am

I think the most realistic solutions for oily skin are accutane/vitamin a, vitamin d, and antiandrogens. If you are female you can also try spironolactone or birth control.

MemberMember
(@johnh)

Posted : 06/23/2013 11:06 am

What are you using as a moisturizer? And how often are you using the Retin-A, SA wash, and apricot scrub?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 06/23/2013 12:21 pm

Are you taking this orally? This helps me too, but I've never heard of anyone else using it for oily skin before.

MemberMember
(@exister)

Posted : 06/23/2013 12:22 pm

Are you taking this orally? This helps me too, but I've never heard of anyone else using it for oily skin before.

Yeah. I take it for a bunch of things. It's definitely helping with my oily skin though, as an added bonus of sorts.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 06/23/2013 12:25 pm

Yeah. I take it for a bunch of things. It's definitely helping with my oily skin though, as an added bonus of sorts.

It's helping curb my oily skin too. How do you take the vitamin C powder? Do you mix it with water? Right now I'm taking chewable vitamin C tablets.

MemberMember
(@6n4m)

Posted : 06/23/2013 10:28 pm

Well, that's about my experience too. Except I'm 21.

Although at this point I'm pretty just only using a salicylic cleanser.

I've read about the Vit C thing and I've been taking a gram a day for a few days now, can't say I've noticed much of a difference.