My Seban Oil Inhibi...

Notifications
Clear all

My Seban Oil Inhibitor Log

MemberMember
(@anomie)

Posted : 06/12/2013 8:52 pm

For those of you who do not know, Seban is marketed as an oil inhibitor that comes in either pre-soaked pads or a bottled liquid. It claims that it œSTOPS FACIAL OIL and is apparently all of the following things as well: Dermatologist recommended, non-acnegenic, non-comedogenic, hypo-allergenic, and fragrance-free. The bottle reads thusly:

œSeban™s secret to proven effectiveness is Perfluoroalkyl Surfactant”an active ingredient in halting the production of facial oil build-up. Since facial oil tends to be a major factor in acne breakouts, Seban can help reduce acne because of its oil inhibitor effect. Through regular use, skin is clear and free of shine all day!

It™s not exactly a secret if you tell everybody, Seban.

I know someone has done this log already, but given the myriad ways in which each of us react to this or that product I figure another log will only help those who are interested to make a decision about whether or not they want to try this particular product for themselves.

For the record I am a 31 year old male with mild to moderate acne and very oily skin. I™m talking Deepwater Horizon here¦

4:06 pm.

I Applied the Seban Liquid with a cotton pad. The top two ingredients of SD and Isopropyl alcohol are a troubling thought, since I™ve read that these two forms of alcohol are considered irritants. I could smell the alcohol as I was applying it. I am now drunk.

Note: The package arrived around 4:00 pm. I had just gotten out of the shower after working out in the yard. (It was just a quick rinse off.) I figured the timing was perfect since my skin hadn™t had any time to start forming any oil yet. Also, as a hopeful aside, I had ordered only one bottle, yet they sent me three! Maybe they somehow knew how oily my skin is and sent me two extra bottles out of pity. I double checked the emailed receipt and the receipt they sent with the package and both say I ordered one bottle. Score one for team Me! cool.png

A couple minutes have passed and, now that the liquid has dried on my face, the skin feels a little tight “ which I don™t mind; it certainly feels a bit dry.

5:10 pm.

I don™t normally pay attention to how oily my skin has become one hour after washing my face (the mirror is a frenemy of mine), but so far no shine. And when I touch my skin it doesn™t feel like there™s any oil there. I can see a tiny bit of oil gathering on the outside corners of my nostrils (usually an oily area), but not enough to really notice unless you™re looking for it.

6:30 pm.

My forehead and nose are starting to glisten when looked at closely in the mirror; a thousand little points of light reflecting off my face. Though, from afar, there isn™t too much shine; or at least nothing too embarrassing. Although I am tempted to pat my face with a towel I will control myself for the sake of this log. Picard out.

9:00 pm

I definitely have a shine on my face, though, if memory serves, it™s not as bad as it would normally be after this length of time. So, overall, after 5 hours on the first day, I would probably label this as an okay experience - certainly nothing to write home to mother about. I can imagine if you™re a woman and used this product under your makeup it would probably help control the shine. And for us guys it does seem to help out somewhat; anything is better than nothing.

I know this has been a rather short log, but I feel like the results speak for themselves. If this product is going to do anything at all then it should do it within this amount of time (and it seems like it has worked a little). I™m working under the impression - which I pulled out of my ass - that this isn™t the type of medicated liquid that takes time to work on your skin (like BP, SA, retinoids, etc.). Though, the bottle does say: œThrough regular use, skin is clear and free of shine all day! So maybe they™re implying that I need to keep using it for the results to become apparent. I will continue to use this product (unless it exacerbates my acne), but I can™t promise you guys that I will continue to update this log. I tend to start things and then forget about them. Also, I doubt I will continue to pay as close attention as I have been today to the amount of oil on my face. I™ll just continue blotting and trying to cover it up with that paper bag I cut eye-holes into.

Stay clear, my friends!