Which Method Is The...

Notifications
Clear all

Which Method Is The Best One, For Ridding Oneself Of Persistent Blackheads On Nose?

MemberMember
(@allwasstrippedfromme)

Posted : 10/25/2012 4:19 am

I've had blackheads on my nose for 2.5 years now, more or less.

They just don't seem to budge, no matter what I do.

Most of them are on both sides of my nose, and they are mildly inflamed as well.

I've had 8 Salicylic Acid Peels in the past, and it did seem to work to some extent,

though it wasn't nearly ample enough.

By the way, I do have a very good skin routine, I take supplements, very healthy diet,

drink approximately 2-3 litres of water each day, exercise to some extent and sleep

for about 8-11 hours daily.

What am I doing wrong?

Am I missing out on something essential... if so, the what could that be?

My thanks.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/25/2012 8:57 am

If they're very persistent, I suggest you extract them. Either buy a proper extraction tool, or steam your face and squeeze them with paper towels/tissues so you don't damage the pores and the surrounding area. Or you could have a beautician extract them.

MemberMember
(@allwasstrippedfromme)

Posted : 10/25/2012 11:46 am

If they're very persistent, I suggest you extract them. Either buy a proper extraction tool, or steam your face and squeeze them with paper towels/tissues so you don't damage the pores and the surrounding area. Or you could have a beautician extract them.

I do actually have a blackhead extraction tool... it did not work out as I had hoped it would (maybe I used it incorrectly... if you know how, please let me know). I've tried steaming as well... no luck there eiter.

I once went to a dermatologist, whom I received a facial spa from, and the results were no less than astounding, though quite costy.

Do you know if these kinds of "facial spa's" are available

to utilize at oneself, in the comfort of one's own home...?

Sadly, I cannot remember exactly what she used.

I do remember her squeezing my nose quite vigorously.

I do believe she used some kind of acid as well.

My thanks.

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/25/2012 12:00 pm

I do actually have a blackhead extraction tool... it did not work out as I had hoped it would (maybe I used it incorrectly... if you know how, please let me know). I've tried steaming as well... no luck there eiter.

I once went to a dermatologist, whom I received a facial spa from, and the results were no less than astounding, though quite costy.

My thanks.

If you have an extraction that should make it easy :) There a lot of videos on youtube where they show how to use it properly, look for ones posted by dermatologists. I suggest you steam your face to make it even easier, you could just do it in the shower or put a warm towel on your face and let it sit there for a few minutes.

Yes, I think you can get facial spa type of things in your own home, search for mobile beauticians in your area, they'll come to your house with all they need, but I think they're very expensive

MemberMember
(@allwasstrippedfromme)

Posted : 10/25/2012 12:04 pm

On 10/25/2012 at 11:00 PM, armadillo said:
On 10/25/2012 at 10:46 PM, AllWasStrippedFromMe said:
On 10/25/2012 at 7:57 PM, armadillo said:

My thanks.

If you have an extraction that should make it easy smile.png There a lot of videos on youtube where they show how to use it properly, look for ones posted by dermatologists. I suggest you steam your face to make it even easier, you could just do it in the shower or put a warm towel on your face and let it sit there for a few minutes.

Yes, I think you can get facial spa type of things in your own home, search for mobile beauticians in your area, they'll come to your house with all they need, but I think they're very expensive

I see... you have my thanks.

Do you know of any ways to correct uneven texture on nose (make the surface smoother and unclog the visible nasal sebum)?

Looks a wee bit from this, but my nose is more greasy and paler.

[Removed]

even more like this:

[Removed] (the top one)

MemberMember
(@armadillo)

Posted : 10/27/2012 11:59 am

On 10/25/2012 at 11:04 PM, AllWasStrippedFromMe said:
On 10/25/2012 at 11:00 PM, armadillo said:
On 10/25/2012 at 10:46 PM, AllWasStrippedFromMe said:
On 10/25/2012 at 7:57 PM, armadillo said:

My thanks.

If you have an extraction that should make it easy smile.png There a lot of videos on youtube where they show how to use it properly, look for ones posted by dermatologists. I suggest you steam your face to make it even easier, you could just do it in the shower or put a warm towel on your face and let it sit there for a few minutes.

I see... you have my thanks.

Do you know of any ways to correct uneven texture on nose (make the surface smoother and unclog the visible nasal sebum)?

Looks a wee bit from this, but my nose is more greasy and paler.

[Removed]

even more like this:

[Removed] (the top one)

AHAs really improve skin texture, I use glycolic acid

MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 12/09/2012 4:24 pm

http://www.livestrong.com/article/546911-difference-between-blackheads-sebaceous-filaments/

It's completely normal to have those. Using a bentonite clay mask like Aztec secret Indian healing clay once a day on just your nose will help tremendously. I use that for mine when I feel like they're getting a little too filled up.

MemberMember
(@shandon5)

Posted : 01/13/2013 12:36 am

You could also use White Elmers Glue. Wash your face and then spread some glue over your nose..Let it dry for 10 - 15 minutes and then gently peel it away. You'd be surprised at how much guck comes off with the glue