Notifications
Clear all

Yasmin (HELP) should I lose hope?

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 06/14/2018 11:29 am

Hello,

I'm 19 and still suffering from hormonal acne.
I have tried accutane and different kinds of antibiotics & topical creams but in the end nothing works.

My last hope was the yasmin pill since I've discovered that my acne is hormonal.
I've almost finished 2 months now, however my skin only got worse till now. It hasn't been this bad for 2 years.

Should I still have hope?
Does anyone have experience with yasmin pill for hormonal acne, and if so; how many months before you saw a difference?

MemberMember
(@sidxo)

Posted : 06/14/2018 1:52 pm

Hey, i've been on yasmin for 4 months and my skin started clearing a bit in the 3rd month but when i started the 4th month my skin broke out SO BAD! It's still really bad but they do say it takes up to 6 months to see improvement so im still waiting
Stay on it for at least 5-6 months before you make the decision to come off it as it takes time for your body to adjust to the hormones

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 06/14/2018 4:37 pm

2 hours ago, sidxo said:

Hey, i've been on yasmin for 4 months and my skin started clearing a bit in the 3rd month but when i started the 4th month my skin broke out SO BAD! It's still really bad but they do say it takes up to 6 months to see improvement so im still waiting
Stay on it for at least 5-6 months before you make the decision to come off it as it takes time for your body to adjust to the hormones

Thanks for the reply.
Yes.. I'm going to wait as well however after years of struggling I literally have no hope left.
I'm really hoping it's going to work out, and for you as well! hang in there.

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 06/15/2018 11:07 am

anyone else?

MemberMember
(@aphmog33)

Posted : 06/19/2018 9:25 am

Yasmin never worked for me as much as Dianette did - I think they are both anti-androgen which is the part that should really help with acne. For me both Yasmin and Dianette gave me horrific mood swings, it got to the point where I couldnt leave the house because I was crying constantly and having panic attacks. These pills are known for affecting mental health massively, in fact Dianette has been linked to suicides amongst teenage girls :(
I think the problem is you dont know what your hormonal imbalance is, or if it is infact hormonal.  Acne can be caused by so many imbalances in the body, which can mimic hormonal imbalance. You should defo persist with Yasmin for at least 6 months and if it still isnt working then you should stop because it might be that your acne actually isnt caused by an imbalance that Yasmin can fix. 

My advice from my experience is persist but do not sacrifice your mood/mental health. Be really careful with Yasmin as it can sneak up on you mood-wise. 

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 06/25/2018 12:24 pm

On 19-6-2018 at 4:25 PM, AphMOg33 said:

Yasmin never worked for me as much as Dianette did - I think they are both anti-androgen which is the part that should really help with acne. For me both Yasmin and Dianette gave me horrific mood swings, it got to the point where I couldnt leave the house because I was crying constantly and having panic attacks. These pills are known for affecting mental health massively, in fact Dianette has been linked to suicides amongst teenage girls :(
I think the problem is you dont know what your hormonal imbalance is, or if it is infact hormonal.  Acne can be caused by so many imbalances in the body, which can mimic hormonal imbalance. You should defo persist with Yasmin for at least 6 months and if it still isnt working then you should stop because it might be that your acne actually isnt caused by an imbalance that Yasmin can fix. 

My advice from my experience is persist but do not sacrifice your mood/mental health. Be really careful with Yasmin as it can sneak up on you mood-wise. 

Thankyou. Yes I'm well aware of the side effects but in my case acne is the worst thing for me emotionally. Side effects don't really bother me ( If only my skin gets better).
My doctor told me it was hormonal so I don't think it's anything else. Also, my skincare is good and I've been vegan for 2 years. I also cut down sugar, fats and drink lots of water. Accutane also did nothing for me in the end. So if birth control doesn't work I don't know anymore.

However thanks for your input I will keep it in mind. :) I will give it a while but I literaly have no hope left whatsoever