Notifications
Clear all

Birth Control Gave Me Acne Before Wedding

MemberMember
(@eruditealarm)

Posted : 06/07/2017 9:00 pm

My wedding is in 4 days. I started Orthro Cyclen to prevent pregnancy 3 weeks ago. I had perfect skin before and 2 weeks ago my chin exploded with white heads and is continuing to break out and grow worse.

I've read every post related on here and still don't know if I should switch or stop taking it. I am getting depressed with how I look and it is so painful.

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 06/10/2017 3:36 pm

Sprintec destroyed my skin as well, much worse than what you describe - it caused cysts that ended up scarring my skin. I'm sorry it happened to you, too. I discovered I suffer with estrogen dominance, so the synthetic hormones (estrogen) in the pill only worsened the imbalance - maybe you also have the same problem. Chin acne is definitely hormonal and linked to excess estrogen/low progesterone.

My advice:I would simply stop taking it, since it doesn't seem like it's agreeing with you. I'm not a fan of the 'ride out the IB!' advice all over the web, because for some people (such as myself), it's not an IB, it's a horrible reaction that never gets better. In my opinion, it's not normal to have perfect skin and then suddenly break out in painful acne from something.