Notifications
Clear all

Sulfacetamide Wash Problems

MemberMember
(@kccopley)

Posted : 02/18/2017 2:01 am

So here is a little backstory, I got prescribed sulfacetamide wash and clindamycin lotion on January 5th, 2017 and was told to wait three months to see results for my hormonal acne. First month started slow but my face started getting really clear until the end of the month I had a really bad breakout out of nowhere. And after that my chest started breaking out, which never happened before. So I tried neutrogena body clear wash but didnt work, called derm she told me that could make my chest worse so i stopped. Now two weeks into February I have a rash on my chest and I have no idea why. I have changed so many body washes, no longer use my bath sponge just a rag. My chest was never an issue it was always my face and now I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I called to get in with my derm in 3 weeks but I need relief now and I was just wondering if anybody else has gome though this. And if possible is the sulfacetamide wash to blame? I like using it on my face but is it possible using it in the shower isnt a good idea? Any help or comments would be so appreciated. I'm just emotionally drained from this all and it makes me really upset.

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 02/25/2017 12:28 am

A random breakout 4 weeks in with a topical isn't a good sign unless it's a mild purge from a retinoid. I would stop the wash and just move onto something else. It sounds like it may even be a rash, not regular acne, and you could have developed an allergy. If you're worried you can see your derm and they'll take a closer look.

MemberMember
(@kccopley)

Posted : 03/01/2017 2:09 pm

On 2/25/2017 at 0:28 AM, cloudydreamer said:

A random breakout 4 weeks in with a topical isn't a good sign unless it's a mild purge from a retinoid. I would stop the wash and just move onto something else. It sounds like it may even be a rash, not regular acne, and you could have developed an allergy. If you're worried you can see your derm and they'll take a closer look.

Thank you so much for responding to my question. I have an appointment scheduled for March 15th so I'm hoping for some answers as to why this is happening. Because to me it ismore of a rash on my chestinstead of the acne. Thank you again for your input.