Notifications
Clear all

READ THIS IF YOU WANT CLEAR SKIN IN LESS THAN 2 MONTHS

MemberMember
(@icedconnor)

Posted : 02/13/2017 9:32 pm

I am a senior in highschool, so that already says a lot to some of you. I have been dealing with acne for almost 2 years now, and i've had little luck with finding something that consistently works. Being off and on oral and topical antibiotics (doxycycline) and being clear for only parts of the year, it gets very frustrating to not find what works all the time. I am a fair, sensitive, naturally dry skinned male with facial hair and lemme just say right off the bat, it is a BITCH to find something that works. BUT... hopefully if you're reading this I can point you in the right direction for clearer skin. We all know that feeling that all we want is some IMPROVEMENT in out skin. Not perfection, just something better than what we look at in the mirror in agony. Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but for some it is. Let me stop rambling and get to what you all came for. 
The STUFF:

• Zinc ointment  (non petroleum based because it clogs pores, sometimes referred to as Diaper Rash ointment)
  • Murad Skin Clarifying Supplement (take for atleast a month to begin seeing results) - may cause initial breakouts but fight through it it's worth it. 
  • Raw Honey (organic) use as mask or facewash, helps with dry, irritated skin the best. Look it up very good stuff.
  • Don't become dependent on antibiotics but if you're already on them , take PRObiotics 
  • Change your diet. Might be hard for some of us, I personally eat organic and limit daiy intake to a MINIMUM. At least get organic milk. 
  • Stay away from all the sugar and cheese! Science will back this up!
  • Don't wash your face more than twice a day, seriously you can cut it down to just in the morning to get off the zinc from the night before. 
  • TEA TREE OIL  Dilute in water and apply with either a cotton round, or qtip to hit specific spots. Use this when you come home or just sweat a lot from a workout.
  • Last but not least, stay hydrated.... CHUG. Not soda...ew never soda shits nasty now and makes your teeth dingy. Acquire a taste for water it will be your best friend it's so refreshing when ice cold. Squeeze a lemon on that jawn it makes it taste good and helps move toxins out the body. 
  • Notable mentions: food grade hydrogen peroxide to sterilize things; Wash your hands; use a clean needle to puncture white heads!

If you do even half of this stuff, you don't have to do all of it at once, you WILL see results. I put that on my mamma, G. 
If you have any questions, PLEASE don't hesitate to reach out I will get back to them as quickly as possible. I want to help you like you want to help yourself!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 02/13/2017 9:44 pm

Wow, lots of great ideas, advice, and tips!!! All good recommendations!!!

Especially taking probiotics if doing antibiotics,..really helps minimize any GI side effects!!! My son did this when he was on minocycline. Just be sure you take the probiotics several hours apart from the antibiotics to receive the most benefit. Look for a probiotic with 100 billion+ CFUs and minimum of 7-8 different strains. Klaire Labs is a good brand. I'd also recommend drinking a cup of bone broth each day, very healing for the gut.

I'd also recommend a product called Restore. We get this from our nutritionist. It promotes aggressive gut colonization, supporting probiotics. Would be a great addition for those doing probiotics and antibiotics. Wish we knew about it at the time!

Restore-Label.jpg?1448339000
Thanks for sharing your clear-skin tips with our community!!!! |::)