Notifications
Clear all

yasmin help

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 11/04/2016 12:16 pm

How long after starting Yasmin did u see improvement/less breakouts? I'm about to start month 3 and feel like its only getting worse...its getting me so down I don't know what to do...feel like ill have to start wearing make up again...any input would be great ...am sick of this battle controlling my life!xx

MemberMember
(@jl19)

Posted : 11/04/2016 1:46 pm

Hi Louise, I am by no means an expert on this subject, but I do have a good understanding of the human body and even now I am still learning more and more about the complicated ways in which the hormones and contraceptive pills work!
Read the attached link if you haven't already, very informative! keep the faith, you will find a solution I promise you. we all have different types of acne and respond to different things. just a tiny imbalance of a certain hormone can cause acne. Yasmin worked amazingly well for me as it specifically suppresses the male hormones and is high in estrogen. Maybe in your case the high level of female hormone is causing an imbalance and making your acne worse? You just need to find the right hormone combination for you. keep trying different pills, I wouldn't keep at it if something isn't working. They say it takes months but I think we all know if something is working after a few weeks! maybe try a lower dose version? the below link has a list of good and bad.

I myself have been on Yasmin, once a few years ago for years and years.(now on Dianette) I have always suffered with terrible skin, as a teenager large painful lumps, in adulthood, extremely oily with lots of congestion and hair loss. I think I have too many male type hormones and that's why yasmin was so good for me, as its high in estrogen. yours could be a completely different problem so try another until you find something! don't waste months and months flogging a dead horse. Fyi - I have been taking the pill since i was 18, i am now 30!! still at it!

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 11/04/2016 2:54 pm

thanks hun, think ill probably leave it another month or so then will see if its improved or not....i was having good results with duac gel also til last week it stopped being available anywhere...so I've had to go back to acnecide gel witch is not as good as duac...the whole cycle is a nightmare..im so sick of it....can the docs test your hormone levels?

MemberMember
(@courtneyrad)

Posted : 11/05/2016 7:32 pm

Hi Hun

I took Yasmin to get rid of my acne and everyone had said it starts working by 3 months but when 3 months came and went I lost hope. However! 4 months in I stopped getting new spots and the old ones disappeared and I kept clear skin (apart from the odd 1 or 2 spots during that time of the month) the entire time I was on it which was about 2 years. Everyone is different! I would say keep at it for another month or so as you never know! By month 5 though I think if it's not working, it probably never will (just my opinion!). Fingers crossed it works for you!

My issue now is that I've come off Yasmin as I don't like the risks of bc and now my acne is back in full swing :( so if it does end up working for you, stick with it!!

Good luck!!

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 11/05/2016 8:46 pm

Thanks hun, such a horrible thing to live with...the psychological effects r the worst, it becomes all I think about :[ good luck to u too! Stay strong xx

MemberMember
(@alyleiii)

Posted : 11/07/2016 8:57 am

Switching your topical meds could also have caused a sudden flare-up or unusual acne. I think that happens all the time.

It's possible Yasmin is just not the right pill for you. IMO if bad breakouts are still active 3-4 months in, the chances for total overallimprovement are low. I say this because I've done the same thing with BCPs myself. I was still having a bad breakout weekly with Lo Lestrin Fe about 4 months in, doctor said wait 6 months, I actually gave it at least 8 and I never saw a major improvement. In fact I feel the pill created an internal imbalance inside me and only contributed to the skin issues I have today. [In my case, it's likely because LLF is androgenic, and now I have signs of androgen elevation/sensitivity].

MemberMember
(@louisemariex)

Posted : 11/30/2016 9:25 am

Update...
about to start month 4 and fingers crossed panoxyl bp and Yasmin r working. Am pract clear except scarring.. Still abit oily but no where near as much as before this pill. First placebo week that I feel my skin is relitivly stable. Anyone starting stick it out!! Only other products I use is ...

-Garnier pure active 3 in 1 wash
-Garnier moisture&matte oil free moisturiser

-Panoxyl 10% gel (nightime only)

vitamins..wilko skin,hair,nails tablets & 1000 mg vit c supplement

WP_20161130_13_54_21_Pro.jpg

p.s I don't bother with make up any more as I think things go away quicker without it, but I if I feel I have to cover something I use eucerin dermopurifier cover stick sparingly. It also contains salisylic acid which can help abit while giving good coverage x