Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Acne Is Ruining My Face, Help Me

MemberMember
(@monicaar)

Posted : 09/08/2015 10:31 pm

Hey guys, today is my first day on this site. I am 21 years old I live In SoCal(hot weather)

Before about 5 months ago, I would get acne here and there but one or two pimples with head and would go away 3 days tops. Now I have acne all over my jawline, my forehead, and on one of my cheeks. The ones on my jawline and cheek have no heads, are painful, and pretty red. the ones on my forehead have healed but there are still little skin colored bumps.

I have tried, BP and it works for when my pimples have heads. These however dont,

I use a 2 percent salicylic lotion, doesnt do anything.

I started taking fish oil about 1 month ago, no improvement.

Ive been dirnking spearmint tea every day because i hear it helps with hormones but same thing no improvement

Yesterday i bought de la cruz sulfur ointment, (10% sulfur)

and i applied it twice today

Once when i woke up

Intially felt really warm did not burn but it was warm. I left it on for 10 minutes as directed then washed it off and applied moisturizer

then i applied it again in the afternoon. again for 10 minutes. I notice new acne now about 3 or 4

im going to stick to it for a month becayse i hear you can purge

Any success with any products hormonal acne sufferers ?

MemberMember
(@foreveralone)

Posted : 09/20/2015 8:14 am

please dont put anything on ur face without consulting a doctor go to derm ASAP ,, i waited for my acne to went away on its own as i also used to get just one or two here and there and now i have ruined my face

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 09/21/2015 1:18 pm

nothing has worked better for my hormonal acne than spironolactone and in the past antibiotics worked well too but you cant stay on them forever like you can the spiro. i like to use a toner with glycolic acid in it too just to keep my pores from getting clogged. i wont breakout now with clogged pores while being on spiro but i prefer not to have any of them if i can avoid it. good luck!