Notifications
Clear all

Nizoral Shampoo 1% Or 2% For Hormonal Acne

MemberMember
(@stellalucille)

Posted : 04/10/2015 5:37 pm

Hello,

I wanted to share my story in hopes that it helps others. I started getting moderate to severe acne around 26 (I'm 35 now). It came on all of the sudden and never really left. It was (the most painful) mainly on my jaw line and neck but I had tiny bumps all over my forehead cheeks. It's painful, deep, big, embarrassing and scaring. I've tried everything. ProActiv, soaps, over the counter everything, countless number of RX topical creams, several antibiotics several times over the years(one dr gave me bactrum for a year, that's not good) and a laser treatment costing $500 and it didn't do anything. I bought Nizoral for my son who suddenly started getting dandruff. I googled Nizoral for acne because I heard or read that Head and Shoulders worked on acne. So many topics about how it was a miracle. I was pretty excited about everything I read. So since I already had the shampoo I started using it that night. After 2 days I noticed I didn't have any new breakouts and after a week my old breakouts were all healed. My skin is smoother and more clear than its been in 9 years.he theory that its main ingredient, ketoconazole, which has been shown to be an antiandrogen, may be able to reduce sebum production. I bought Nizoral with 1% Ketoconazole from Amazon ($14) but it can be found at Wal-Mart, Walgreens, CVS. I was just sick and had to go to the doctor and I asked him if he would prescribe the 2% and he did but I honestly don't think I need it. The over the counter 1% cleared up 12 years of painful embarrassing acne. But the 2% is half the price with my insurance. I put a thin layer of the shampoo all over my face, jaw and neck and leave it on for about 5-10 minutes and then wash it off. I never post things on forums but I had to share this miracle with others.