Notifications
Clear all

Hormonal Cystic Acne + Extremely Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@haveyoutried)

Posted : 01/25/2015 10:24 am

Hello everyone,

I joined this forum because I'm tired of dealing and living with my cystic acne. I've also suffered from hirsutism and having very painful periods, but I am not qualified to be diagnosed as having PCOS. I have tried Accutane for two months and I had perfect skin while taking it, but the acne came back once I stopped taking the medication. I currently suffer from cystic acne and I noticed that it gets worse and I break out like crazy during my period. I have had my hormones tested, including androgens but everything is normal. The only thing that's driving me crazy is that I have VERY oily hair and skin, I even have to wash my hair every.single.day just to be able to style it. I was wondering if I should consider birth control or spiro for possible treatment?

I'm scared to try birth control pills because I've heard that it can make my acne worse. I'm still waiting to see a dermatologist and gynecologist but I was just wondering if anyone has experienced this before?

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 01/25/2015 12:22 pm

Changing your diet a bit might help. Like, eliminating dairy and such. Also, maybe a hormone balancing supplement like this

http://healthyimmunity.com/products/Estrosmart-Plus.asp You would probably find it at a natural foods store.