Notifications
Clear all

Returning To Spironolactone For 3Rd Time-How Long To Work Again?

MemberMember
(@lindsw7)

Posted : 12/07/2014 10:00 pm

Hi this is my first time posting about my acne. I have been struggling with severe acne since I was 11, when I started my period. I am now 25.

I have tried everything from topical creams to accutane. You name it, I've tried it.

The only thing that actually cleared my skin was spironolactone. The sad thing is I never stayed on it.

I would take it for a year, get clear skin, go off of it (mostly cuz I lost insurance and was too lazy to deal it) and actually have pretty clear skin for a year off spiro but before you know it I would start breaking out REALLY bad again (cystic acne), which was enough motivation to get me back to the Derm.

My skin is so bad right now and I am worried about scarring. But I know it is going to clear up soon with spiro.

I am def going to stay on it for the long run, but I am wondering if anyone knows how long it will take to work? My skin is almost paralyzing me because I am so sad and embarrassed by it. After experiencing clear skin acne is so devastating.

I am interested in hearing from someone who, like me, had to return to spiro. I know it can take upto a year to be affective, but will it work quicker with me because my body is used to it?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 12/08/2014 12:11 am

Sorry about the condition of your skin now. I know how rough having acne can be. In my experience hormonal treatments always take the same amount of time to work even if you've been on them in the past. It take hormones a long time to change.