Notifications
Clear all

Can You Get Hormone Tests In The Uk?

MemberMember
(@arine)

Posted : 05/26/2014 9:39 am

I'm fairly sure my acne is caused by an imbalance but I gather it's almost impossible to work out what the problem is based on symptoms alone. I was just wondering how easy it is to have your hormone levels tested in England.

Thank you

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 05/27/2014 4:18 pm

I'm fairly sure my acne is caused by an imbalance but I gather it's almost impossible to work out what the problem is based on symptoms alone. I was just wondering how easy it is to have your hormone levels tested in England.

Thank you

so when I was tested for PCOS my GP tested my androgen levels and LH, so it might be worth asking for that blood test, however when I asked for estrogen and progesterone tests they just brushed me off so i think a saliva test may be good for that. I'm researching in to this my self so I'll let you know if I find anything

MemberMember
(@arine)

Posted : 05/28/2014 2:02 am

Thank you

so when I was tested for PCOS my GP tested my androgen levels and LH, so it might be worth asking for that blood test, however when I asked for estrogen and progesterone tests they just brushed me off so i think a saliva test may be good for that. I'm researching in to this my self so I'll let you know if I find anything

Oh I see, thank you. How would one acquire a saliva test?