Notifications
Clear all

Hopeless And Unsure What To Do

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 05/10/2014 4:21 am

So I'm on my 4th month of yaz and now it hasn't even been a week since my last breakout and I already got another 3 huge nodules, 2 on my face and 1 on my body. This is still worse than I was off the pill, 4th month in. I got scars and ugly red marks all over my face, i can't look at myself up close without crying, this pill used to do wonders for my skin and now its doing the opposite. and i don't even know what to do anymore, i really thought i'd be working by now, i can't take this anymore. im paranoid to try anything else now because i dont want to make it even worse. at the same time the way it is now is unbearable. im depressed and borderline suicidal every day now, all it takes is for me to remember the condition my skin is in, which i do every 30 seconds of every day of my life. Im scared to do anything or change anything at this point. scared to stop BC, scared to try spiro, scared to not stop BC because what if it never gets better and im just causing this to my skin for no reason at all. its been a year and i have nothing to show for it, no progress whatsoever.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/10/2014 7:30 am

Keep your head up sistah. Hormonal acne is a bitch and treatment for it can take time. Weren't you thinking of adding Spiro to the mix? If at 6 months you have no change, then maybe it's time to try something new. PM if you ever want to talk.

MemberMember
(@audreypetal)

Posted : 05/21/2014 5:38 am

I would consider switching birth control pills as I was originally on Yaz for acne and it worked wonders. I then came off, got bad skin again so went back on and it didn't seem to work second time arounD. I waited at least 3 months with no results so changed to Brenda/Diane and my skin cleared up within weeks.

In saying this, maybe it's time for you to come off the Pill all together to allow your body to regulate it's hormones itself. I came off a month ago and am waiting for my skin to erupt again but am willing to ride it through until my body cleans itself up naturally.

Otherwise it can be easy to get stuck in a cycle.

I know how depressing it can be. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 05/21/2014 8:43 am

For the love of god, go on Spiro. Why are you scared?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/21/2014 3:28 pm

i second michi31 just take the spiro already and get on a good antibiotic. no reason to be scared at all. spiro is safer than the pill so just do it. you will not regret it at all. good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 07/04/2014 1:51 pm

So I'm on my 4th month of yaz and now it hasn't even been a week since my last breakout and I already got another 3 huge nodules, 2 on my face and 1 on my body. This is still worse than I was off the pill, 4th month in. I got scars and ugly red marks all over my face, i can't look at myself up close without crying, this pill used to do wonders for my skin and now its doing the opposite. and i don't even know what to do anymore, i really thought i'd be working by now, i can't take this anymore. im paranoid to try anything else now because i dont want to make it even worse. at the same time the way it is now is unbearable. im depressed and borderline suicidal every day now, all it takes is for me to remember the condition my skin is in, which i do every 30 seconds of every day of my life. Im scared to do anything or change anything at this point. scared to stop BC, scared to try spiro, scared to not stop BC because what if it never gets better and im just causing this to my skin for no reason at all. its been a year and i have nothing to show for it, no progress whatsoever.

Solving acne is a lot of trial and error. You will need to get over your fear and just be willing to try things. And everytime you try something you will have to have faith that it works, and even if it doesn't and you have to switch, then you'll have to have faith in the new thing. Just because every good treatment takes time and patience.

Spiro worked great for me, but I tried so many things that were "miracles" for other people before I found spiro.

leelowe1 liked