Notifications
Clear all

Dim - Side Effects

MemberMember
(@sallysa)

Posted : 04/14/2014 9:11 am

I started taking DIM - I've struggled with mild acne since my teens and now have hormonal acne. Tried everything even Accutane. I'm 35.

Anyway, lately I've decided to skip the derm and figure this out myself. So I'm trying to give up dairy (HARD) and change my diet and also work out my vitamins and supplements. I started DIM and after about a week and a half of taking it my mouth would get really dry every evening and in the morning my lips would be so swollen. Looked like I had them plumped up which isn't too bad except it was really really uncomfortable. :(

So I was thinking I might start taking it just during the 2nd/3rd week of my cycle when I begin to break out...? Not sure what to do???

Anyone else have anything like this happen? Or have any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/14/2014 10:14 am

i been taking dim for months no side effects and it works absolutely great

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 04/14/2014 4:23 pm

Hey!

I'm sorry to hear that you may be having a bad reaction to DIM. I just started taking DIM and, although nothing like this has happened to me (yet, touch wood) i have read on blogs that some people had a sort of allergic reaction to it, which is a shame. if it continues then I'd stop. theres an abundance of herbs and supplements out there that you can take, maybe DIM just isn't the right one for you?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/15/2014 11:16 pm

No side effects for me other than some spotting. Actually, I feel better taking it than not.

BUT I suggest you try just plain DIM, not the supplements mixed with other stuff because you might have reacted to an ingredient. Swollen lips sounds like an allergic reaction.