Notifications
Clear all

Best Saw Palmetto Brand

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/04/2014 1:27 pm

So I'm thinking of trying saw palmetto for my acne. Which is the most recommended brand for me to take?

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/04/2014 2:34 pm

A wellness site in south africa ( wellnesswarehouse.com)and its holistic doctor ( dr. Yesheen Sign) suggest solgar. I use it too.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/05/2014 10:10 am

Instead of saw palmetto, women should try DIM. Take it from me, saw palmetto only made a tiny improvement in my acne, and then it raised my estrogen. DIM is more suitable for women in my opinion, and more antiandrogenic than saw palmetto. It's even listed on wikipedia as the no.1 natural anti-androgen.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/05/2014 9:05 pm

Instead of saw palmetto, women should try DIM. Take it from me, saw palmetto only made a tiny improvement in my acne, and then it raised my estrogen. DIM is more suitable for women in my opinion, and more antiandrogenic than saw palmetto. It's even listed on wikipedia as the no.1 natural anti-androgen.

I've been considering DIM. But after doing some research it seems that there hasn't been all that much research done on the drug and its potential short term/long term side effects, which makes me hesitant. What are your thoughts?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/05/2014 9:12 pm

I've been considering DIM. But after doing some research it seems that there hasn't been all that much research done on the drug and its potential short term/long term side effects, which makes me hesitant. What are your thoughts?

Yes, there hasn't been that much research on DIM. For what it's worth, Dr Oz recommended DIM on his show, so at least we know it's a legitimate herb for women to take because on that show they don't just recommend things without doing their research.

There isn't that much research on saw palmetto and acne either, it's mostly on saw palmetto and prostate health.

I personally prefer DIM because it also acts as an antioxidant. You could always start with inositol, which is a milder antiandrogen than DIM, and see how that goes.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/07/2014 3:28 am

Yes, there hasn't been that much research on DIM. For what it's worth, Dr Oz recommended DIM on his show, so at least we know it's a legitimate herb for women to take because on that show they don't just recommend things without doing their research.

There isn't that much research on saw palmetto and acne either, it's mostly on saw palmetto and prostate health.

I personally prefer DIM because it also acts as an antioxidant. You could always start with inositol, which is a milder antiandrogen than DIM, and see how that goes.

Thanks! Which DIM and inositol brands would you recommend?

MemberMember
(@mikito)

Posted : 04/17/2014 7:08 am

The brand I am taking of saw palmetto is GNC. It works for me but I havent tried other brands, but I am not acne free, but it help a lot

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/17/2014 10:35 am

I take Olympian Labs DIM and Source Naturals inositol powder. Works for me so far. Olympian Labs updated their DIM bottle though, and I just got the new batch which is supposed to be the same but I think it might be a bit stronger.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/17/2014 2:05 pm

I take Olympian Labs DIM and Source Naturals inositol powder. Works for me so far. Olympian Labs updated their DIM bottle though, and I just got the new batch which is supposed to be the same but I think it might be a bit stronger.

Can DIM cause an intial breakout? Right now I'm trying to stick to something that couldn't possibly make my situations worse, so i'm scared to even touch Spiro as I've heard it can cause an IB

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/18/2014 11:47 pm

Can DIM cause an intial breakout? Right now I'm trying to stick to something that couldn't possibly make my situations worse, so i'm scared to even touch Spiro as I've heard it can cause an IB

I supposed anything could cause an initial breakout but for me, it helped clear up the initial breakout I had from vitex (which I eventually stopped taking). DIM cannot cause a worse breakout than spiro, that's for sure. If you start with a very low dose (30-50mg) and work your way up to 100-150mg (split into 2 doses) like I did, your chances of an initial breakout are slim. However, if your liver is weak, then you might get an initial breakout due to the toxins DIM might pull out.

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 04/19/2014 10:08 pm

I supposed anything could cause an initial breakout but for me, it helped clear up the initial breakout I had from vitex (which I eventually stopped taking). DIM cannot cause a worse breakout than spiro, that's for sure. If you start with a very low dose (30-50mg) and work your way up to 100-150mg (split into 2 doses) like I did, your chances of an initial breakout are slim. However, if your liver is weak, then you might get an initial breakout due to the toxins DIM might pull out.

Thanks, i think I'm definitely gonna give DIM a shot

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/20/2014 9:46 pm

great, keep us updated. I hope it works for you!

MemberMember
(@valentinafy)

Posted : 04/28/2014 3:56 am

I would use DIM( Diindolylmethane). I think Saw Palmetto is banned in Europe for some reason. (don't take my word on it though)