Notifications
Clear all

Acne On Cheeks

MemberMember
(@sthenicaunt)

Posted : 02/11/2014 9:30 am

I never had acne since the age I sixteen, but recently I started developing small but noticeable acne on my cheeks. I want to ask a few questions is it hormonal. Secondly should I start roaccutane thirdly if I don't use roaccutane what should I use to solve the problem. I attached two photos on either cheeks

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 02/11/2014 2:00 pm

I have not seen your photos, but let me ask you your gender and your age. Most possible is that your acne is hormonal. It is very rare to have acne from some other reason( cosmetics, face creams, brush cleaning) unless your face is tooo much sensitive. In my opinion do not mess with accutane. I had friends that went clear, but 6 months after they stopped they returned to acne. I personally have not tried it , never. What i have experienced is that if your acne is hormonal and you are years away from teens then you should know that no dermatologist not even the best in the universe can solve the problem. It will always come back if you dont manage to balance hormones. See my post " natural remedies for hormonal acne" , but please give me some info for you, so as to consult you better!!

MemberMember
(@sthenicaunt)

Posted : 02/12/2014 8:05 am

I am sixteen and male. I'm busy at the moment with retin a but it doesn't seem to be helping. I want to find the root cause to stop it. Like whether I have digestion problems.. And another thing you think if I just leave it. Will it dissapear as it's just teen acne.

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 02/12/2014 1:57 pm

Most of teen acne in males goes away in their 20s. I suggest you try coconu oil on your face( not greasy, dont worry) AND on your diet. My best man( he is 40 now) had the same problem when in puberty and he uses organic coconut oil until now( on his wedding day he did a face scrub with it!). Anyhow, In my opinion stay away from accutane. Try lavender oil and apple cider vinegar for the scars. You can take zinc and fish oil supplements as well. I dont know about saw palmetto, as i have searched its benefits on females. I also dont know about vitex, DIM and spiro, as i cannot find them in my country. Start with natural remedies in combo and i am waiting for your news!!!

MemberMember
(@sthenicaunt)

Posted : 02/14/2014 3:20 pm

Lol thank you for the wonderful response. I will definitely try some of your suggestions. I'm not that worried because I understand that it's my teenage hormones going out of some proportion. I will keep you informed.