Notifications
Clear all

Ortho Cyclen Vs. Ortho Tri Cyclen For Acne

MemberMember
(@smichelle)

Posted : 01/22/2014 6:54 pm

Hey guys...looking to see if anyone can give me some input.

I'm currently on Ortho Cyclen which is the monophasic version of Ortho Tri Cyclen...its been about a month and my acne isn't getting better but worse. I know it can get worse before it gets better, and I need to give it 3 months to tell but is it possible the triphasic version is better? I wouldn't understand why- considering their the same hormones and are low androgenic. The steady hormone seems to be more logical but I'd like to hear some input!!

I know the Ortho Tri Cyclen is FDA approved for acne- but why not the Ortho Cyclen if its the same hormones?

Please anyone share!

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 01/22/2014 7:16 pm

Ending month 3 and my acne isn't any better yet. I have given up hoping that it will and am going to get on spironolactone. Hopefully you'll have better luck with it, I know there are people who do have success on ortho cyclen!

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/22/2014 7:36 pm

I think that for people who are trying to regulate hormones it is better to be on ortho cyclen. Sometimes 3 months isn't even enough time. I've heard of some people not clearing up from the pill until 6 months to a year later. Unfortunately hormones take time to balance.