Notifications
Clear all

Isotrex, Spiro And Hormonal Acne

MemberMember
(@tezzabell)

Posted : 12/27/2013 2:34 am

Hi guys, so I've just started spiro few weeks ago was on 50mg to start with now on 100mg will give this a good few months before I start seeing any improvement. I also was given isotrex which is the topical form of accutane I've been using it for about 10days and oh yes the purging has started and it's horrible I have no irritation well I get red and dry but not enough for meto skip a day yet but I looked in the mirror yesterday and thought lets give few days break lol! My god how long do I have to go through this Initial breakout :( when I look at my chin upwards in the mirror I only see a few little tiny microdomes or whiteheads so I'm thinking once this breakout dies down the worst is over left with red marks a plenty! Do you think this combination will help hormonal chin jaw acne help!

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 12/27/2013 9:58 am

hey we seem to be in the same boat! I started spiro about 2 months ago and am still waiting to see amazing results. I did hear it takes a couple months so hang in there!! the dermatologist put me tretinoin topical in the meantime and now the only acne I have is on my chin as well! Its been only about 4 weeks on the topical and i did go through the purging stage for awhile..but i think it is calming down now!

ps. did your derma tell you that you would need to stay on the topicals..? Or can you come off once the spiro kicks in..?

MemberMember
(@tezzabell)

Posted : 12/27/2013 1:49 pm

How are you finding spiro? I think I have to stay on the topical he seemed more pushy on the retinoid he said I should definitely be on spiro if I can't take birth control but said that alone won't clear me as I have lots of whiteheads under my skin when you like stretch the skin I think that's why I'm breaking out more the isotrex is bringing everything out! I think depending on what sort of acne you have you may need to stay on it for maintenance which I don't mind but I know its bad I love having a sunbed now and again and I know its a no no on retinoids :( lets just hope we get clearer quickly!

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 12/28/2013 1:27 am

my dermo seemed more pushy on the spiro so who knows! yes i love the sun so much and im going to florida for spring break so i just hope this clears soon! can you tell me how old you are out of curiosity? Im 18 and i really hope this is hormonal acne.....

MemberMember
(@tezzabell)

Posted : 12/28/2013 12:22 pm

I'm 26 i started getting mild acne always had a few spots when I turnt 17 such clear skin before so was on birth control pills on and off then went on dianette until April because I suffer with migraines with aura so not allowed on the combined pill dianette worked well and it's got a lot worse towards October this year so I'm positive spiro will help! Can you go on yasmin or dianette? I'm actually hopeful the retinoid gel may be great for my skin it's crappy now but I can tell it's bringing everything out!

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 12/28/2013 2:20 pm

I'm at the end of my 3rd month on 50 mg of Spiro and its finally kicking in !!! Last month at this time I had a horrible cystic break out and now I only have 1 pimple on my chin that's so small. My doctor told me I can stop with my retin-a and Aczone after 6 months of being on Spiro but so far I am seeing results already. My acne was all hormonal.

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 12/28/2013 9:06 pm

how do you know that your acne is hormonal? I broke out during my period yes..but there were always a few spots here and there throughout the entire month. My acne is about 99.9% located on my chin so does that mean it is hormonal? Does the spiro just need more time to kick in?

MemberMember
(@tezzabell)

Posted : 12/29/2013 12:50 pm

Thanks pink bunny that's lifted my hopes a bit! Yes they normally say around the chin and jaw is hormonal and I would say women who battle with it for yrs it's definitely hormonal I asked my dermatologist and he said it was hormonal so ask your derm to confirm this if birth control helps then it will be

Also I breakout in whiteheads every few days I've always got something on my chin I don't have clear days ever the bigger under the skin ones Id say cystic but there not that big but I get them every other week or so that's why I tried changing make up diet cleansers everything because I thought its something else when no it's hormones that need to be controlled

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 12/29/2013 2:07 pm

yes that lifted my spirits too! and yes..i feel like mine probably is hormonal too because i have a very healthy diet, drink plenty of water and never forget to wash my face but it always came back! maybe i should take an oral antibiotic till the spiro kicks in? or should i just continue with the topicals.....

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 12/29/2013 3:31 pm

I was suffering with horrible cystic break outs mostly during my periods all around my chin and mouth, the rest of the month I would only get 1 or 2 pimples but nothing serious. My dermatologist said it was hormonal so he gave me the Spiro to add to my regimen of Retin-a and Aczone. I also take one pill of Minocycline 100 mgs a day to help with the initial break out of the Spiro. He also told me Spiro takes 6 months to start kicking in so don't give up!!!

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 12/29/2013 3:43 pm

okay!! do you apply both the aczone and retin-a morning and night?

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 12/29/2013 5:08 pm

Aczone in the morning and Retin-A at night :)

MemberMember
(@wave50)

Posted : 12/29/2013 6:12 pm

okay I was applying the retin-a in the morning as well...do you think i should only do so at night?