Notifications
Clear all

Dianette 35

MemberMember
(@sunny_d)

Posted : 12/16/2013 3:34 pm

I am on day 21 of Diannete 35 right now and I am trying this out for 3 months. Currently on my 7 day break before I start the pills again for another two months.

My question is to other D35 users; how long did you take D35 it till you saw an improvement in your acne?

My GP says try this and if it's not better by month 3 I shall be referring you to the dermatologist. I want this to work but if not I HOPE/WISH/PRAY I get put on Accutane cos one has had ENOUGGGGGHHH of looking at a spotty/scarred/yuck reflection in the mirror for the past 4 odd years. And, I just want to get RID of acne asap.

Sorry for the small rant, just feeling rather depressed about my face y'all.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 12/16/2013 9:01 pm

I'm on my second pack, one week left until the 7day break. Before bc I broke out in nasty cysts around ovulation. I'm at that point now and I only have one spot on my face atm, a small whitehead. In my experience, Diane35 has always cleared me in about 2 months. However it seems more normal for most to get clear after 3 or 4 months.

How many active spots did you have before you started the pill? Cos it won't really do much to kill those, but more to prevent new ones from forming.

MemberMember
(@marissa87)

Posted : 12/17/2013 11:17 am

Diane 35, time and time again has been a miracle worker for me. Only thing is stupid me has chosen over the past few years to stop Diane when I really shouldn't have. This was before I knew my acne was hormonal.

I am just finishing my first month this week after being off of it for almost a year. God, what a mistake. My skin is horrible right now but I know from past experience that in the next month or so it'll be a lot better.

For me, my recovery time (if you can call it that) is about 2-3 months.

I am currently taking Diane in combination with Spiro. I am still very much in the IB period for the Spiro so I am not really expecting much for the next couple weeks or so.

When I first started Diane my derm prescribed it with minocycline just to kick it into gear a bit faster but Diane on it's own will work just as well in the end.

Stick with it!!!

MemberMember
(@sunny_d)

Posted : 12/20/2013 8:11 am

Hi, Kalinka so I am to start my 2nd packet today so my second month. But, I've had a major outbreak of whiteheads, so painful and red (disgusting I know) on R side of my face. REALLLY hoping it clears asap as I have a wedding to go to next week :(

I had less active spots before I started BC than now. Its actually making my acne worse which is not bloody ideal. neutral.gif

Did u experience any breakouts? Also, I am rather confused, my doctor told me to start D35 on the first day of my period, take one pack and then have a 7 day break i.e. take no pills and you will have a period. I have done this so far. So, she told me after this take them for two months.

Now, I do not know if she meant take them CONTINUOUSLY for 2 months i.e. without the 7 days in between or take another packet, wait for 7 days and then take another pack.

??? *so confused right now*

Diane 35, time and time again has been a miracle worker for me. Only thing is stupid me has chosen over the past few years to stop Diane when I really shouldn't have. This was before I knew my acne was hormonal.

I am just finishing my first month this week after being off of it for almost a year. God, what a mistake. My skin is horrible right now but I know from past experience that in the next month or so it'll be a lot better.

For me, my recovery time (if you can call it that) is about 2-3 months.

I am currently taking Diane in combination with Spiro. I am still very much in the IB period for the Spiro so I am not really expecting much for the next couple weeks or so.

When I first started Diane my derm prescribed it with minocycline just to kick it into gear a bit faster but Diane on it's own will work just as well in the end.

Stick with it!!!

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 12/20/2013 12:16 pm

Sunny_D,

I didn't seem to have an IB with Diane, at least nothing major that I noticed. I do know that over the summer, when I was on a bcp that was making my acne worse (partly the reason I'm back on Diane to settle my hormones)... I was getting big deep cysts and not whiteheads, so I was developing some serious acne and not easy to treat stuff. So my guess would be that your skin is purging and it'll settle down soon. I'd definitely stick with it!! Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@graciemeow)

Posted : 12/22/2013 6:24 am

dianette made my skin ten times worse. I gave it four months before I got fed up and swtiched

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 12/22/2013 11:12 am

I am 5.5 months into Diane and unfortunately, I have only just began to see results. For some people, it works really quickly and for others like me, it can take up to 6 months. If you have the patience for it I'd say give it that much time. I was patient only because I need the pill for contraceptive reasons anyway. I did experience a pretty bad IB, and I find that Diane would make me break out every month during a specific week of the pack. But every time it was over my skin would look better and better. I'm definitely not clear but I have significantly less actives now - none on my left cheek and just 2 on my right cheek and I haven't broken out in over 2 weeks now. It's not my miracle pill... but it will probably become it once I'm clear!

MemberMember
(@sunny_d)

Posted : 12/24/2013 7:05 pm

Sunny_D,

I didn't seem to have an IB with Diane, at least nothing major that I noticed. I do know that over the summer, when I was on a bcp that was making my acne worse (partly the reason I'm back on Diane to settle my hormones)... I was getting big deep cysts and not whiteheads, so I was developing some serious acne and not easy to treat stuff. So my guess would be that your skin is purging and it'll settle down soon. I'd definitely stick with it!! Good luck smile.png

Well, skin has certainly settled down from that nasty breakout MUCH better. Thank-God. Nonetheless,still breaking out though. But I am only month 2 day 3/4 so I think it's to be expected! Looking forward to the months ahead hopefully with CLEARER skin :)

dianette made my skin ten times worse. I gave it four months before I got fed up and swtiched

Oh dear. :( What did u switch to? Hope you've got rid of your acne :)

I am 5.5 months into Diane and unfortunately, I have only just began to see results. For some people, it works really quickly and for others like me, it can take up to 6 months. If you have the patience for it I'd say give it that much time. I was patient only because I need the pill for contraceptive reasons anyway. I did experience a pretty bad IB, and I find that Diane would make me break out every month during a specific week of the pack. But every time it was over my skin would look better and better. I'm definitely not clear but I have significantly less actives now - none on my left cheek and just 2 on my right cheek and I haven't broken out in over 2 weeks now. It's not my miracle pill... but it will probably become it once I'm clear!

I really don't think I have the patience. Been waiting for a loooonnnggg time. Losing patience. Next stop is the derm and Roaccutane/Accutane. Just want SOMETHING to work!

***** Lastly, MERRY XMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL surprised.gifrolleyes.gif ******

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 12/26/2013 4:48 pm

I really don't think I have the patience. Been waiting for a loooonnnggg time. Losing patience. Next stop is the derm and Roaccutane/Accutane. Just want SOMETHING to work!

***** Lastly, MERRY XMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL surprised.gifrolleyes.gif ******

I hear ya. But the results I'm seeing now with Diane are so encouraging - i've been struggling with acne for over 10 years now and this is the first time where even other people in my life have said how much better my skin looks. I'm too afraid to go on Accutane because of all the side effects, and I'd rather wait a little longer than go through that disgusting IB Accutane gives you...

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas :)

MemberMember
(@hunniebun)

Posted : 12/27/2013 1:49 pm

I just picked up my first Diane-35 prescription (I think it is the same just a different name in Canada?) and will start it on my next cycle. I just finished a 3 month treatment of antibiotics which was like a miracle. I didn't not have a single new breakout and all my old cysts could heal...but with in 10 days of stopping, I now have two massive and painful cysts, and feel like I am headed right back to were I started. Anyhow, I am hoping that it will work quickly...in a month or 2 as some of you have suggested. I also use Differin which seems to be helping my skin look better over all. Is anyone here over 35? I am little worried about the side effect of blood clots but fingers crossed, it is nothing to worry about!

MemberMember
(@gilps24)

Posted : 12/29/2013 11:06 am

Hi all :)

I'm on day 20 of Dianette. I have had a really bad breakout of closed comedones all over my face. Slightly worried about my 7 day break but we'll see how it goes....

X

MemberMember
(@sunny_d)

Posted : 12/29/2013 1:30 pm

I hear ya. But the results I'm seeing now with Diane are so encouraging - i've been struggling with acne for over 10 years now and this is the first time where even other people in my life have said how much better my skin looks. I'm too afraid to go on Accutane because of all the side effects, and I'd rather wait a little longer than go through that disgusting IB Accutane gives you...

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas smile.png

Hi Tatii hope you had a good xmas!

:) How long have you been on D35? Also, I was wondering are you able to take this pill long term? Or not? xx

I just picked up my first Diane-35 prescription (I think it is the same just a different name in Canada?) and will start it on my next cycle. I just finished a 3 month treatment of antibiotics which was like a miracle. I didn't not have a single new breakout and all my old cysts could heal...but with in 10 days of stopping, I now have two massive and painful cysts, and feel like I am headed right back to were I started. Anyhow, I am hoping that it will work quickly...in a month or 2 as some of you have suggested. I also use Differin which seems to be helping my skin look better over all. Is anyone here over 35? I am little worried about the side effect of blood clots but fingers crossed, it is nothing to worry about!

Are you a first time Diane 35 user? I'm midway through month 2 (day 38) and still breaking out. :( Although, every time I breakout its in the same place as past breakouts but they seem to be getting smaller in severity. Well, lets hope this period will calm down on month 3. And, I am 21 years old!

Hi all smile.png

I'm on day 20 of Dianette. I have had a really bad breakout of closed comedones all over my face. Slightly worried about my 7 day break but we'll see how it goes....

X

Hi Gilps24 :)

I had a similar breakout but on my 7 day break, possibly day 27/28 HUGE breeakout, prob one of the worst ones (not ever but still bad lol)

I'm on day 38 and still breaking out. Although, now the breakouts seem to be smaller and it looks like wherever I had "under the skin bumps" (these don't look like spots - I don't actually know what they are :S) they seem to have become actual pimples and come to the surface like that.

How long are you on D35 for?

Good luck everyone!!! :)

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 12/30/2013 12:18 pm

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas smile.png

Hi Tatii hope you had a good xmas!

smile.png How long have you been on D35? Also, I was wondering are you able to take this pill long term? Or not? xx

Thank you, you too!

I'm 1 week away from being on it a full 6 months, and this month I haven't broken out at all like I normally do, so I definitely know it's working. I think it depends on the doctor. My doctor never mentioned anything about stopping, and he keeps prescribing it for me when I run out without asking how long I plan to stay on it. I don't have any history of blood clots and I don't smoke so..I think as long as you're healthy you can stay on it for a while. I've read some reviews where people have stayed on it for years without any complications. I have had no bad side effects with it so I'll probably stay on it for a while.