Notifications
Clear all

Does This Look Like Hormonal Acne? *pics*

MemberMember
(@mnl1986)

Posted : 12/15/2013 9:14 pm

I posted a couple days ago but haven't gotten any responses so I figured I'd try again. My first post is still in this forum under "6months after Mirena removal" I just wanted to post a pic to see if you all think I'm dealing with hormonal acne. post-365878-0-07010000-1387160043_thumb.post-365878-0-07010000-1387160043_thumb.

post-365878-0-07010000-1387160043_thumb.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 12/15/2013 10:31 pm

looks like it

MemberMember
(@marissa87)

Posted : 12/15/2013 11:17 pm

Yes that's almost exactly what mine looked liked before I started treating it. Now it's still very much there (Only started treating it about 2 weeks ago) but it's dried up.

MemberMember
(@patienttin)

Posted : 12/15/2013 11:24 pm

Yeah take accutane. It will get rid of it

MemberMember
(@mnl1986)

Posted : 12/16/2013 12:46 am

Yes that's almost exactly what mine looked liked before I started treating it. Now it's still very much there (Only started treating it about 2 weeks ago) but it's dried up.

What are you taking for it?

MemberMember
(@mnl1986)

Posted : 12/16/2013 1:10 am

I can't afford accutane bc I don't have health insurance. Is there anything else I can take?

MemberMember
(@agentemily)

Posted : 12/16/2013 5:26 am

I can't afford accutane bc I don't have health insurance. Is there anything else I can take?

No, dear you don't need to jump to accutane already. It's extremely powerful. The only real way to tell if it's hormonal acne is to try treating it as if it was.

I don't know if it would be difficult for you(since you don't have health insurance) or if you're already taking it but try birth control. If you're taking it already, then dismiss this. If not, let me tell you, I have struggled with acne for years and birth control pills have been the only thing to relieve it at all for longer than a week. And if you are taking it, I'm telling you, either it isn't hormonal acne or you're taking the wrong pill.

I've gone through about five different kinds of birth control pills in the last few years to find what I'm on now, which has significantly reduced my acne(even my cysts). It's worth a go!

MemberMember
(@marissa87)

Posted : 12/16/2013 8:46 am

Hey! I'm taking 100mg Spiro and Diane 35 BCP. I have a follow up appointment with my derm this week. I'll see if I need my treatment plan changed or I'm good as it. So far no improvement except my skin is very dry.

I would definitely get an appointment with your dermatologist as soon as possible. So many people think they are good by just researching and following someone else's plan but everyone's different. Best to see a professional.

MemberMember
(@mnl1986)

Posted : 12/16/2013 9:48 am

Hey! I'm taking 100mg Spiro and Diane 35 BCP. I have a follow up appointment with my derm this week. I'll see if I need my treatment plan changed or I'm good as it. So far no improvement except my skin is very dry.

I would definitely get an appointment with your dermatologist as soon as possible. So many people think they are good by just researching and following someone else's plan but everyone's different. Best to see a professional.

I've been to a dermatologist and he prescribed me Tazorac cream and Clindamycin gel. My acne is getting worse. I asked him for BC and he said he doesn't believe BC or Spiro work so he wouldn't give it to me. I'll have to try my primary care doctor. Thanks for your help

MemberMember
(@marissa87)

Posted : 12/16/2013 10:07 am

I've been to a dermatologist and he prescribed me Tazorac cream and Clindamycin gel. My acne is getting worse. I asked him for BC and he said he doesn't believe BC or Spiro work so he wouldn't give it to me. I'll have to try my primary care doctor. Thanks for your help

No worries.

A derm that doesn't believe in BCP for hormonal acne? That's a first! Definitely see your family doc :)

I've been on Clindamycin gel but topical treatments don't tend to work on me. Everyone is different though. It's worth taking the professional's advice for the creams but you may want a second opinion on the BCP. When I was 17, BCP worked absolute miracles on me.