Notifications
Clear all

Is This Hormonal Acne?

MemberMember
(@lukethomasdobbins)

Posted : 12/07/2013 2:34 pm

Hi, I've signed up here just to get a bit of advice. I am a 22 year old male and have been getting acne on my neck in the exact same place for months now without getting it anywhere else.

I have got this before and it has eventually went away but comes back around the end of the summer and doesn't go away for the entire winter. It's not shaving as it appears even when I don't shave. I have tried washing my face twice a day and focusing specifially on my neck, I've tried acne cream called quinoderm which has worked well on any other acne I may have had except for this one bit.

It appears just to the side of my adams apple, once the spot has gone it sometimes stays for a while as a small cyst. I've tried everything, different facial washes, washing my face twice a day, washing it once a day, not washing it at all, I wash my bedding regularly, avoid touching my neck. Nothing is working. I'm putting it here as I'm starting to assume it is hormonal.

Here is a picture, it doesn't appear as bad as it does on this to be honest but I would really like to get rid of it.

[removed]

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 01/24/2014 5:06 pm

i have the same thing, except im a 36 yr old female. what have you tried? i just started using bp, so well see... i think the hyperpigmentation it leaves is even worse than the acne itself. i also only get it in winter months, neck area only.

MemberMember
(@insanitykitten)

Posted : 02/09/2014 1:21 am

Try birth control pills!... lol just kidding. Nah, all acne is hormonal according to all Derms. We don't really know yet why the skin reacts that way to them though (hormones I mean). Some theorize androgen sensitivity or a sporadic shift in hormone chemistry (especially in adult acne).

MemberMember
(@nuckingfuts)

Posted : 02/24/2014 10:02 pm

could be due to improper lymphatic fluid drainage since the lymph nodes are around that area - look up skin brushing to improve lymphatic flow, may help and you need to buy just a brush