Notifications
Clear all

Cortisone Injections

MemberMember
(@lyndaj)

Posted : 06/09/2013 5:48 pm

Hello, this is my first time on this forum and was looking for some opinions/personal experiences. I'm very fortunate to have clear skin and rarely get pimples. However, when I do, they are very noticeable and take weeks to go away. Anyhow, I have one on my forehead about the size of a pencil eraser (maybe a bit smaller). It's not only painful but red. I feel so vain for feeling this way but I need this gone by Wednesday as I have photos to take. The bump looks like a whitehead is forming but I don't want to mess with it.

I have an appointment with a dermatologist on TUesday for a cortisone injection but was wondering if I should visit an esthetician instead to have it extracted. My specific questions are:

Has anyone had good experiences with the injections? I've had one done 3 years ago and it left a small pit. I know if the derm injects too much cortisone or if there is too strong a solution this could happen. I was wondering if it was possible to get an injection that does not leave these marks.

Thank you

Lynda

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 06/10/2013 10:12 am

I regret getting cortisone shots more than I regret anything else. I got a series of them that contributed to atrophy all around my chin. Previous ones had left small pits that never went away so it was dumb to go back. If you had a similar experience, I would stay away. I wish someone had advised me of this so much...

MemberMember
(@lyndaj)

Posted : 06/10/2013 12:55 pm

Thank you for the feedback michi31 . Yes , I have decided against!

Lyndaj