Notifications
Clear all

Excessive Sweating On Face Since Starting Birth Control?

MemberMember
(@anne99145)

Posted : 12/06/2012 10:18 pm

I've never posted on the boards before but I've been dealing with some negative effects from my birth control regarding acne and I don't know anyone else to ask! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I was prescribed Marvelon to try to help with my skin, I've been on Alesse before but it raised my blood pressure too much so my doctor took me off it. Now I'm halfway through my second pack of Marvelon and my face is looking awful. I've pretty much only gotten cysts since starting it and I've also had a problem with excessive sweating, especially on my face. I'll feel fine when I'm walking to campus, which is only like a 10 or 15 minute walk, and then as soon as I walk inside a building my face will immediately feel hot and start dripping in sweat. It's so much sweat that after I go to the bathroom and wipe it off, and it will still come back! This never happened before starting Marvelon... my face would get oily but not as sweaty and wet as it gets now. I've also been getting a lot of cysts (high number, like 4-5 occurring at one time, and in places where i never normally get acne, such as along my jaw and my forehead). I don't normally get too many cysts anyway, I hadn't had one in months before starting Marvelon.

Has anyone experienced this on Marvelon or any other birth control? Should I consider switching?

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 12/21/2012 6:36 pm

Unfortunately a couple months on a birth control is "nothing." Almost every birth control will get worse before it gets better.

Marvelon uses desogestrel, which is a low-androgenic progestin, so at least your derm put you on a BC that is supposed to help your skin. You'll need to give it a few more months.