Notifications
Clear all

Birth Control Messed Up My Face!

MemberMember
(@bookworm622)

Posted : 11/19/2012 11:41 am

Hi! I just wanted to say that I took B.C. pills for four months... and they were the worst four of my life. I was crying the whole time, I was breaking out like crazy, and I couldn't do anything to stop it. At first, the break outs were only before my period. Then, by the fourth month, it was every week. I finally had enough and stopped the pill at the end of the pack. Right now, I am dealing with little pimples that are the remnants of my whacked out hormones.

But, I just wanted to say that even though many push B.C for acne, it wasn't the smartest idea for me. I always had mild acne as a young woman and it had finally became to where I would just get a few before my period. At that time- a year ago--, I was just using doxycycline and Retin-A. I started b.c. only because I am now in a serious relationship but it became too much and we both decided that I should be off of it.

How long will it be until my hormones are normal? It has been almost four weeks since I stopped the pill (at the end of the placebos). I have been taking zinc for a week and a half now and have been taking my anitbiotic again for a month now. I have a stronger form a retin-a (.1%). I have added using a gentle exfoliant (Neutrogena's deep clean gentle scrub) and a toner (Neutrogena's alcohol free toner). But, I will be going to the derm in two weeks in order to assess how to treat my acne and if there is anything i can do additionally.

What do you all think? For anyone who experienced the reverse effects of the pill (aka acne), did you stop yours? And if you did, how long did it take to level out again?

Please reply!!

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 11/19/2012 12:26 pm

Hi! I just wanted to say that I took B.C. pills for four months... and they were the worst four of my life. I was crying the whole time, I was breaking out like crazy, and I couldn't do anything to stop it. At first, the break outs were only before my period. Then, by the fourth month, it was every week. I finally had enough and stopped the pill at the end of the pack. Right now, I am dealing with little pimples that are the remnants of my whacked out hormones.

But, I just wanted to say that even though many push B.C for acne, it wasn't the smartest idea for me. I always had mild acne as a young woman and it had finally became to where I would just get a few before my period. At that time- a year ago--, I was just using doxycycline and Retin-A. I started b.c. only because I am now in a serious relationship but it became too much and we both decided that I should be off of it.

How long will it be until my hormones are normal? It has been almost four weeks since I stopped the pill (at the end of the placebos). I have been taking zinc for a week and a half now and have been taking my anitbiotic again for a month now. I have a stronger form a retin-a (.1%). I have added using a gentle exfoliant (Neutrogena's deep clean gentle scrub) and a toner (Neutrogena's alcohol free toner). But, I will be going to the derm in two weeks in order to assess how to treat my acne and if there is anything i can do additionally.

What do you all think? For anyone who experienced the reverse effects of the pill (aka acne), did you stop yours? And if you did, how long did it take to level out again?

Please reply!!

Your body takes awhile to adjust to birth control, usually 4-6 months so I think you gave up too soon. If you never had acne prior to starting birth control then i'd say don't do it, but birth control definitely helps regulate hormones. Took me about 6 months to adjust.