Notifications
Clear all

Starting Ortho Tri Cyclen, Need Advice, Please & Thankyou.

MemberMember
(@keilebakescupcakes)

Posted : 10/02/2012 5:09 pm

Just went to my doctors for the treatment of my hormonal acne. I ONLY breakout when my period is nearing .Usually, the first 2 weeks before my actual cyle my skin normally goes pretty crazy. (1-4 big, inflamed, under the surface, kind of acne breakout) The breakouts are ONLY on my chin, seriously, the rest of my face in entirely clear.

My doctor said that my acne was not severe enough for spiro, and also that my blood pressure was already pretty low and that taking spiro could cause it to drop even more. So, she started me on a very low dose birth-control Ortho Tri Cyclen. I'm hoping it helps. I was terrified of it getting worse before it gets better, because even not being that horrible it was just too much for me to take. (I have horrible anxiety problems) but she reassured me and said that she hadn't really ever seen that unless the person already had really severe acne.

Anyways, the entire reason I went to my doctor was because I can't use BP during my cycle due to my very senstive skin during that period. Anyways, I believe I over-treated a pimple and it turned into a red mark with little blisters around it! THE BP ACTUALLY BURNED MY FACE. Never experienced this before. I have been using aloe-vera straight from the plant and washing my face with Cetaphil for All skin types. Any suggestions as to how I can help these blisters go away quickly? They are the WORST to cover with makeup so I don't even try.

Any help, advice about the blisters, suggestions, or just stories about your experience with ortho, would be greatly appreciated. :)

MemberMember
(@katelibby)

Posted : 10/02/2012 9:13 pm

I can tell you that I use to get those big bumps on my chin like you are talking about and ortho tri cyclen cleared them. I was around 25 when this happened to me. I dint remember how long it took to clear them but it did. I don't remember having an initial breakout. But I am 39 now so it was a ling time ago. I took it for almost 10 years, stopping once to have a baby. Just make sure you are taking ortho tri cyclen regular not ortho low. It doesn't have enough estrogen to stop the breakouts and can make them worse. My oldest daughter started having bad acne and ortho has helped her. It helped a good friend of her also who had really bad acne. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@oliviaaa20)

Posted : 08/02/2014 8:21 pm

Hi there

Can you please give an update on your time on OTC? I'm on my second month with a horrible breakout