Notifications
Clear all

Possible rash from Spiro?

MemberMember
(@calypsostorm)

Posted : 07/15/2009 5:46 pm

I was taking Spiro for about seven months(June was the seventh month) and I had stopped taking them for a couple of weeks because I ended up with the stomach flu and for the first few days, I couldn't keep anything down and the rest of the time, I just felt to crappy to take them.

Over a week ago, I started back onto them and all was well until a few days ago. I had went out with my sister and when I came back home, I had a burning, tingling rash all over my stomach, along my bra strap and on my lower back. It was quite hot and humid at the time when I had gotten the rash and the weather stayed like that for a few days and so did the rash. After the second day of the rash, I had stopped the pills because I was worried that they might have been the cause of the rash. What I would like to know is was the rash due to the heat or could it have been from the Spiro? I had never gotten a rash from it before and aside from that, I felt fine. Do you think it would be safe to go back onto them again? My acne is coming back and I would like to get rid of it before it gets worse.

Thank you. :)

MemberMember
(@plexus)

Posted : 07/15/2009 7:03 pm

sounds like the heat to me, but you should ask your doctor.

MemberMember
(@calypsostorm)

Posted : 07/17/2009 9:52 am

sounds like the heat to me, but you should ask your doctor.

Thank you. After reading this post, I had called a pharmacist and asked them about it and they said that it was very unlikely that it was the pills because I was on them for so long and I did not have any problems during that time. I'm going to start taking them again today. 🙂

MemberMember
(@melie87)

Posted : 03/30/2014 3:35 am

what was it! cause I have a rash that has been persistent for a month! I stopped bactrim first cause i thought i was allergic to sulfa, been taking it for almost three years, now I am going to stop spiro to see if that helps ehh. its red and itchy on my chest :(