Notifications
Clear all

seasonale, jolessa,

MemberMember
(@mallory)

Posted : 03/11/2008 2:15 pm

so i just started realizing that my acne might have started right around the same time that i started taking seasonale...then i switched to the generic brand jolessa (not sure if that matters or not.)

anyway, i was wondering if anyone else has taken seasonale and have you had negative side effects?

i am willing to switch immediately if this is the case! does anyone have any suggestions as to what might work for me? id love to stay on the four periods a year system because it's so convenient.

thanks guys! :)

MemberMember
(@a_stylist)

Posted : 03/24/2008 7:45 am

I took Seasonale for a short time(one three month pack I think) and I had the worst headaches and acne breakouts ever. It just didn't work for me, and my GYN even told me that is common with this pill.

I have Endometriosis, so any pill I take I take it continuously. I thought this would be more economical(three packs in one! for one copay!) but turns out wasn't such a great idea for me.

MemberMember
(@ashreynolds1)

Posted : 05/13/2010 2:59 pm

My doctor just put me on Jolessa, and she said it should help my skin. I have a really clear forehead and cheeks, but I constantly break out around my mouth. I have tried everything, and nothing seems to help. I have read several reviews about Jolessa making people break out worse, and now I am nervous to try it!

MemberMember
(@kcr)

Posted : 05/14/2010 7:56 am

I'm kind of surprised that anyone would prescribe Seasonale for acne, since it's got increased androgenic activity compared to many other pills.

I don't have any personal experience with it, but one of my best friends for over 20 years never had so much as a pimple, not even as a teenager (lucky, lucky, lucky - I've always been jealous of her). She was on Ortho Tri Cyclen for years and years and recently switched to Seasonique (which I believe has the same type and amount of hormones as Seasonale). All of the sudden she gets acne on her shoulders and chin every month. Could be coincidence, but she definitely feels it's from the new pill.

MemberMember
(@miss-cp)

Posted : 04/12/2011 4:55 pm

I switched from Tri-Cyclin to Seasonale 7 months ago, I noticed right off the bat that my acne got worse on my back and chest, and after reading more about it, and remember back to a month ago about how my BF was complaining about all the hair I was leaving in his bed I DEFINATELY think I have to switch this pill. I am thinking of going back to Tri-Cyclin because the acne was very LIGHT and I didnt lose hair, I also feel like I am the type of person who has higher androgens in me because i've always had light facial hair/shave my arms/belly etc. ewe I KNOW!

I am only 15 days in to my 7th pack meaning I have 2 full months left but I am going to my doctor on Friday and asking her to get the F off this pill. I dont know why she would prescribe it to me when the same time I went to her about switching my pill from Tri to Seasonale (for less periods) I asked for help getting rid of the few pimples on my back! STUPID DOCTORS! Im sort of angry at them now.

MemberMember
(@smichelle)

Posted : 12/01/2013 2:22 pm

Hey!

Sorry to add to this so late, but I just posted about the exact same thing. My skin got awful when I started taking Seasonale as well! I was on Alesse- which is a combined birth control and my skin was amazing. I switched to seasonale and within a few months my skin was breaking out in clogged pores, I was super super oily, I had back and chest breakouts..and I've never ever had any of these things before! It was awful. I switched back to my Alesse about a week ago, so I'm truly hoping that it clears things up. Did you end up stopping seasonale all together?