Notifications
Clear all

For those successful spiro

MemberMember
(@mylimage)

Posted : 12/05/2007 11:56 pm

I am curious if anyone else has noticed more than just clear skin with spiro use.

I am not on a bcp, but I don't get PMS at all. I spot occasionally, but my periods are much lighter. I have ZERO cramps. I don't think I have had a cramp since I started spiro.

I used to half to wash my hair EVERY day. It looked oily fast. Now I can go 2 or 3 days without washing it and looks great!

My legs are smoother after I shave. I don't get ingrown bumps at all.

My feet used to swell a bit if I stood all day. Not anymore.

My skin has a different texture all over. Its not dry or oily, just nice and smooth.

My boobs are bigger. They seem firmer.

I am wondering if what I had before spiro was a potassium deficiency.

Just curious

Cherie

MemberMember
(@mizzbuddy)

Posted : 12/06/2007 11:17 am

Yes, I have definitely noticed that my periods have been much lighter, shorter, and less crampy than before spiro. I am also not on BCP so it has to be the spiro -- which is great!

I wish I could say that I can go 2-3 days without washing my hair! Maybe if my hair weren't so fine I could, but I have noticed it's not nearly as oily as it was pre-spiro. And neither are my back and chest. My back/sholders/neck used to get so oily! Yuck.

Generally I do feel better overall but maybe it's just because I'm so happy that something is finally working to get rid of my acne!

As far as my boobs are concerned, the first couple of months I noticed they got ever so slightly bigger -- kind of the same way they used to be when I was on BCP but the last couple months they've gone back to normal. Too bad for me (and my husband) -- I'm like a 34 A.

And, yes, my feet don't swell either! They look and feel exactly the same at 11PM as they do when I first get out of bed in the AM. I suppose that's from the diuretic effect of the spiro?

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 12/06/2007 11:30 am

I am curious if anyone else has noticed more than just clear skin with spiro use.

I am not on a bcp, but I don't get PMS at all. I spot occasionally, but my periods are much lighter. I have ZERO cramps. I don't think I have had a cramp since I started spiro.

I used to half to wash my hair EVERY day. It looked oily fast. Now I can go 2 or 3 days without washing it and looks great!

My legs are smoother after I shave. I don't get ingrown bumps at all.

My feet used to swell a bit if I stood all day. Not anymore.

My skin has a different texture all over. Its not dry or oily, just nice and smooth.

My boobs are bigger. They seem firmer.

I am wondering if what I had before spiro was a potassium deficiency.

Just curious

Cherie

Thats wonderful news! Im glad spiro is working for you. How long have you been using it? When did it start working for you? Ive been using it for a month but not really the way I shouldve been. I didnt understand when the second dose was supposed to be taken so I just didnt take it. I called my derm after thanksgiving and he told me to take it once in the morning with breakfast and once at night with dinner so Ive been remembering that. Ive been on 100mgs for about a week I think.

MemberMember
(@mylimage)

Posted : 12/06/2007 12:34 pm

Hi Molly,

I started taking spiro in May. I saw improvement by September. Clear in October.

Cherie

MemberMember
(@acne_battle)

Posted : 12/06/2007 12:39 pm

I hope I see results too. Ill be 24 next year and Ive had acne half of my life. Im fed up with it

MemberMember
(@xxy)

Posted : 12/07/2007 1:33 am

yeah i defiitely noticed the shorter lighter period, but i also got nasty stomach stuff instead... bloating feelin weird which i heeard can be a symptom of pms. trade off? not too many other things i've noticed, other than acne sloooowly goin away, still got a few cysts, but ppl tell me i look better.... i probably do. it's not nearly as painful all the time. o i've been on it two months, five days.

MemberMember
(@ek1)

Posted : 12/09/2007 3:07 pm

it's weird cause spiro made my period LONGER! it used to be like, 4 days from going on BC and now it's a week, sometimes more!

MemberMember
(@crayonsnglu)

Posted : 05/06/2014 11:56 am

Thats interesting, when I started saw palmetto I noticed my period was shorter. I just stared spiro yesterday because I was still getting hard bumps and didnt think the saw palmetto was strong enough so hopefully spiro works!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 05/08/2014 10:24 am

while on spiro for the last 16 months all my acne went away even my back and chest acne

i can go 4 days without washing my hair

i dont get as much facial hair as i used to

my periods are lighter

sometimes i get no PMS and sometimes i do but overall its much better

i dont get acne before my periods at all anymore

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 05/08/2014 4:08 pm

Six months on Spiro and so far clear skin, lighter periods, less oily skin but I was wondering if the Spiro is making anyone skin really dry? All of a sudden my face and hair are so dry and im not sure if its the Spiro.

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 05/09/2014 1:04 am

Six months on Spiro and so far clear skin, lighter periods, less oily skin but I was wondering if the Spiro is making anyone skin really dry? All of a sudden my face and hair are so dry and im not sure if its the Spiro.

Hi Valerie, how are you? Personally i remained oily but somewhat less than before. Others saw significant difference, but i don't think they went to the other side. Could it be the weather or your water consumption, given the fact that spiro is a diuretic?

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 05/12/2014 6:04 pm

Hi Maria :) All is well here! How are you doing? Still eating dairy and getting the results you want yet? What I'm surprised with is that I'm about to start my menstrual cycle and I don't have one single pimple, this feels so weird since I always get cysts right at this time, it feels great but I'm still waiting around for one to show up lol I know I should be enjoying the Spiro success but I just cant help but feel odd about it. I hope everyone are getting the results they want from the Spiro also :)

maria199 liked
MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 05/13/2014 4:56 am

Hi Maria All is well here! How are you doing? Still eating dairy and getting the results you want yet? What I'm surprised with is that I'm about to start my menstrual cycle and I don't have one single pimple, this feels so weird since I always get cysts right at this time, it feels great but I'm still waiting around for one to show up lol I know I should be enjoying the Spiro success but I just cant help but feel odd about it. I hope everyone are getting the results they want from the Spiro also

I know what you mean, i still sleep every night with a small mirror by my side, having dreams about waking up and finding many nodules and much more hyperpigmentation especially when i am afraid about something i ate. When you live with something for so long, even unpleasant, it feels strange to be gone. I am happy that i can eat ice cream without paying too much for it. I haven't had a big (volcano like ) break out for a month though i had 2-3 small papules or pustules. I believe it is almost fully working, i used to get a few small pimples anyway but they were so few and small, nothing to worry or be sad about. After a little more than a year i think even these stopped so i have to wait a little longer but i am already glad. I hope the big amount of cheese in my spinach pie won't put an end to this happiness.

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@tootie2014)

Posted : 09/06/2014 12:28 am

I just wanted to add my past experience with spiro.

I was clear after about 6 months of 100mg a day (I'm 5'1" 100lbs) Tapered down to 75mg for a month, still clear. Then tapered down to 50mg and eventually 25 and actually remained clear. After about 2 months of 25mg I stupidly quit but found respite in tretinoin after. I broke out badly after I quit. Starting high and tapering to a maintenance dose once clear for quite awhile is the way to go. Your hormones won't bounce back on a small continuous dose.

I do not use HBC at all, however spiro left me with short and light periods during the duration as well as slightly larger and firmer breasts. They shrank down after I quit :\

My water weight definitely shifted as I no longer had puffy feet or hands in the morning or when it was hot out. This is to be expected as you are purging your sodium when you urinate frequently on it and we all know sodium causes water retention! This is also good for your heart health assuming you are not ingesting lots of bananas or other high potassium foods and minimizing NSAID use as they too have a tendency to block potassium release.

My cellulite was greatly reduced once my skin clarity kicked in, also to be expected as salt intake can cause lymph system to act sluggish and blood flow lowers.

Amazingly, I kept up with my water intake and maintained mainly clear urine. And my veins are normally hard to tap, however once spiro fully kicked in, my veins were definitely dilated and easy to hit for blood work. Again, heart healthy as your circulation is increased.

If I didn't have success with tretinoin now I'd definitely be on spiro. As a female who tends to have poor circulation, sluggish lymphatic drainage, heavy periods, it worked out great for me. I see no reason why females can not maintain 25mg or even 50mg for maintenance for MANY years. In fact there are studies showing 25mg daily will prevent heart attacks in healthy women later in life and is completely safe. I HIGHLY recommend it as long as you keep your potassium intake to a minimum and hydrate yourself regularly :). My GP has agreed should I ever want to go back to it.

And dry skin and hair can easily be cured by upping your water intake. And might I add, once you are totally clear for a few months, you are now one of the lucky gals who can use something extreme like petroleum jelly at night to create a nice moisture barrier and wipe it off the next day. Never thought I'd hit that point but on spiro I was able to and my skin was positively RADIANT!